Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How PI determine with QoS to use while calling web service using ws adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have two scenarios with PI7.1

1) HTTP --> PI --> ws (ABAP backend)

2) ws (ABAP backend) --> PI --> ws (ABAP backend)

in both scenario ws means web service with ws adapter which is new in PI 7.1

In PI MONI, I can see that in the first scenario, the ws (receiver) is called with QoS of EO, while in hte second scenario the ws (receiver) is called with QoS of EOIO. How PI decides which QoS to use for ws call with ws adapter? In the ws communication channel or ws receiver agreement there is no place to specify what QoS to use, thus it's internally decided by PI which QoS to use? but how?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

you specifiy the Quality of Service at sender adapter level. In case of http (no sender adapter required) it is given with one of the URL parameter: QOS=EO or QOS=EOIO.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

yes, in HTTP case, you specify QoS in the HTTP request. However for case of ws --> PI --> ws, it uses EOIO when calling the receiver web service. I guess, maybe be default, the ws adapter uses EOIO unless the QoS is specified in the request.

Gaurav, in my case, I had only one receiver. No message splitting.

Jayson

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

from saphelp / sender soap adapter:

Processing Parameters

Under Quality of Service, specify how the message is to be processed by the Integration Engine/PCK.

● Best Effort (synchronous processing)

● Exactly Once (asynchronous processing)

If the client sends a GUID, execution is guaranteed exactly once. See also: Ensuring Exactly Once Processing

● Exactly Once In Order (asynchronous processing using queues)

If the client sends a GUID, execution is guaranteed exactly once maintaining the sequence of successive messages.

Specify the Queue Name.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jayson

I think its dependent on the processing of XML messages by PI

If the system found single receiver it takes QOS as EO and if multiple receivers it takes as EOIO.

Even for multiple messages are going to same receiver it internally takes EO as QOS.

SYNC messages are mostly taken as BE

Thanks

Gaurav