cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSO Integration with XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Has anyone successfully use standard LSO XI services to integrate with external Learning vendors. Could you please give me the steps. how you implemented from LSO to xi to webservices.

what adapters we have to use on lso side.

Thanks in advance

Rao K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao

It will be a standard SAP scenario. You can import the SLO object from SLD or take basis help to install it. Then you can configure this.

it will be SAP SLO -> XI -> eLSP or LSP using web service. You need to download the standard components and then use it. Use the inbuilt Integration scenario Its will be having inbuilt XML, SOAP mappings using XSLT and you just need to configure the ID steps in Scenario and in ID.

You can refer this document

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0aeb020-947d-2b10-048c-82618df6...

I am not known to any other step by step etc available on SDN. Try to do it and let us know if face problems.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for your quick replay. I am unable to open the link. what do i have to install. and one more thing on sap side what adapter do i have to use it. is there any steps from end to end.

advance thanks for your great help.

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

You can import the SLO object from SLD or take basis help to install it. Then you can configure this.

i am little bit confused. what is this SLO object from sap side is it RFC adapter or what i have to use. how to communicate with sap lso. what adapter do we have to use it exactly. how it's work this interface.

advanced thanks

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao

Sorry to make you confuse with Object. Its nothing but SWCV you can ask basis to install SLO as a product in your landscape and you can import the SLO SWCV to your XI system.

Adapter requirement depends on the LSO version you are going to use. I think version < 3 can use RFC and after 6 its all webservice based which can be utilized.

So it can be a SOAP <-> SOAP scenario for you

Go through that document. it will help you to understand.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you. We are using LSO600 so we need to use SOAP to SOAP. I understand this. How can we configure SOAP in sap side. I am sorry to ask you simple questions.

Pls help me this.

Advanced thanks

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao

I think you standard scenario will be having all IR objects predefined. What you need to do is to Configure sender and receiver soap adapters.

You can configure the PI Sender SOAP adapter URL in LSO and generate WSDL file for the standard XSD in your SWCV for the receiver soap adapter you need the target URL(Portal i guess !!) and soap action (from standard WSDL file) to be configured.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gaurav,

Thank you for your helpfull information. you are mentioning Standard scenario will be having all IR objects predefined. How can we get this predefined objects. i tried slo SWCV in sap Xi. but i couldn't find it

Please give me the steps to imporrt standard scenario. If is there any blog or any information. please provide me.

Advance Thanks

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rao

Did you installed the LSO as a product in your SLD. I think when you import this SWCV then you will get 4 or more namespaces etc already present with the standard IR objects. If not then you need to do all this from scratch. Contact your LSO expert for the input and output message XSD.

Impor the XSD and do all mappings and generate the WSDL file. But i think it should be available. Check with basis if you are missing something.

Basis need to install the software component and it should be present with SAP Business suite.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gaurav,

I installed LSO SWCV in to IR but there is no objects. I think we need to create the objects. I have the source and target wsdl files. i import in to the External defination of IR. then how can we create sap side WSDL link. once if i create link do i have to hand it over to portal people or abaper.

advanced thanks,

Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rao

You need to generate WSDL after completing IR and ID and give it to LSO people to use it. With this the target system need to provide WSDL to you to be imported in PI and URL where you can post the content using soap receiver adapter.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for your help. I will try with u r instractustions. If i need any thing i will ping you again.

Thank you

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

I am working on same scenario from SAP LSO to external system( Skill soft) using PI 7.1.Could you please help me on this scenarion & send me if you have any doc releated to this.

Regards

Nilesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I am working on same scenario from SAP LSO to external system( Skill soft) using PI 7.1.Could you please help me on this scenarion & send me if you have any doc releated to this or basic steps i need to follow.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am having similar scenario of LSO integration with Skillsoft via PI. I have already referred the PDF XI Configuration for SkillSoft Integration.

The flow of interface in my scenario is

Portal(FrontEnd) <-> ECC(BSP Application at Backend) <-> PI <---> External Learning Vendor(SkillSoft).

1) Commnication is from SAP LSO System to Third Party(Skill Soft) through PI(XI).

2) It will be synchronous call.

3 ) From portal user should be able to register, book,Lauch, or Track the course and will get response back to SAP LSO system/portal from Skill Soft.

4) Portal is the frontend and backend is the BSP application(ZHCM_Learning).

Can you please let me know the details how you handled this scenario and passed the parameters like customerid, assetid,courseid etc to PI(XI). Also let me know what would be the best approach to follow in this scenario..Is there any BAPI / RFC available for this scenario or need to go via proxy.

Thanks

Shikha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

SAP LSO to xi to webservices integration. could you please provide blogs on this interface.

Thanks in advance

Rao