cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize HU number with SU number

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to figure out the appropriate way to sync the HU number with the SU number. When I post HU managed stock into the warehouse, I want the SU number to match the HU number.

The notes say "If HUM is active in your system (which it is), all stocks within the WMS are managed in storage units. These storage units are created with the same number as the handling unit. Numbers are assigned in this case using the handling units and not using storage unit management. Therefore, in this case you do not need to set up number assignment for storage unit management. SAP recommends only activating length conversion for storage unit numbers.

If I understand this correctly, if I do not define and assign a storage unit number range, this will happen automatically? Currently, I have an SU number range defined and all SUs are being posted into the warehouse using the next available number in this SU number range.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As to synchronize HU number with SU number, If you use handling unit management in Warehouse Management, you must activate storage unit management for all storage types in which you want to

store handling units. During the putaway, the system creates a storage unit for each handling unit of the transfer order’s reference document. This storage unit has the same identification number as its "handling unit sister". When there are nested handling units, the storage unit corresponds to the outer-most handling unit. When partial quantities are picked from such multi-level handling units, the system displays a screen asking you for the lower-level handling unit for the pick or complete stock pick.

The numbering of the storage units is controlled by the number assignment parameters that are set for the handling units during handling unit management and not by the number range(s) of Storage Unit Management. You must therefore activate the storage unit number length conversion in Storage Unit Management Customizing. You must use the same number of signs that is used in the identification numbers for the handling units. The setting applies to all clients (menu path in the Implementation Guide: Logistics Execution u2192 Warehouse Management u2192 Storage Units u2192 Master Data u2192 Define Number Ranges u2192 Conversion exit for storage unit number).

Good luck

Z.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this happen automatically or do I have to manually enter the HU number during TO creation? Eg. PGR for Production Order using COWBHUWE, I want TO to automatically create for putaway into warehouse.... Will this TO automatically create the SU from the HU or is it like an externally assigned number?

andrzej_chmura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

generally HU are not created during TO creation. When you acitve HUM, HU are created e.g.:

- in inbound delivery (packing)

- in HU02

- in LH01 (pick HU)

- in HUPAST - packing station

- or in COWBPACK (Packing in production orders ) it is your case.

To use COWBHUWE, you must first pack work order using COWBPACK (Packing in production orders ).

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Andrzej.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andrzej_chmura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"In Warehouse Management, inventory at HU-managed storage locations is generally managed by using storage units. "

There is nothing to sync or configure. You must assign HU number range. SU will inherit number from HU.

HU in WM becomes a SU.

Andrzej