cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring a Seeburger FTP Receiver Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to build a scenario where SAP ECC 6 sends an invoice to a customer via EDI.

We are using ECC 6.0 and PI 7.0 and the Generic Seeburger EDI Adapters. The VAN is a GEIS EDISWITCH VAN (Eircom in Ireland).

I am able to successfully send an IDoc from ECC 6 and into PI where a Seeburger map converts the message to EDI-XML format. I can use a file adapter to create a file in normal EDI format. But I can't get the Seeburger FTP adapter to work with the VAN.

I have configured the correct IP, port, username and password but I keep getting the following message when the communication channel tries to send the message:

<h6>Message processing failed. Cause: javax.resource.ResourceException: Fatal exception: com.sap.aii.af.ra.cci.XIRecoverableException: >> Description: com.seeburger.jftp.app.exception.FtpExceptionSoftProcessingError: Unexpected reply: 501-Syntax errors in parameter. usage: %[recipient id]%[APRF] where either [recipient] or [APRF] can be omitted. (to change your current default SEND relationship). %% (places you in your 'HOME' TR). &['s'|'single'] ('get' command gets single file). &['m'|'multiple'] ('get' command gets multiple files). >> </h6>

The FTP session is expecting a PUT command with the recipient id and APRF as parameters but these are not getting passed. I suspect this is because I am not passing the correct variables to the receiver adapter but I don't know what variables it expects and where they should be specified. And I can't find the answers in the documentation.

Can anyone shed some light on what I need to do?

Thanks,

Ben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that the Seeburger VANFTP Adapter does not support GEIS EDISwitch. Instead the Seeburger HostFTP Adapter is required.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the communication channel, make sure that you have selected the Message Protocol as GEIS(GeMarkIII).

The channel configurations seem to be incorrect. Filename or directory. What is your configuration?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for your comments. The channel is set to GEIS(GeMarkIII). There is nowhere to specify a directory or filename. The settings I have used are as follows:

Adapter Type: FTP (http://seeburger.com/xi)

Receiver

Transport Protocol: FTP

Message Protocol: GEIS/GeMarkIII

Adapter Engine: Integration Server

Host name: <IP address of VAN server>

port: 21

User Id: <Our mailbox number>

Password: <Correct password>

Host path/VAN Partner ID: <blank>

Script file: <blank>

Transfer type: ASCII

Connection mode: Passive

Use keep alive: <Not checked>

Security Mode: None

Proxy Mode: none

Resource ID: <blank>

Deliver transmission report: <not checked>

Payload mode: Attachment

Attachment ID: SeeburgerMain

Channel status: Active

Use dynamic attributes: <Checked>

Use non-empty attributes: <Checked>

Request displayed report: <Not checked>

Request dispatched report: <Not checked>

Report timeout (minutes): 720

Handle received reports: Refer reports to XI system

There is nowhere in the communication channel configuration that allows me to specify the receiver ID or the APRF. The documentation say this is read from the EDI data and the relevant fields are populated.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ben

Error may be due to some syntax mistake. Did you checked with Visual admin logs. If there are multiple VAN exist for you then check that also.

Reconfirm on the login information

Check SAP Note:821267 may help

Check this thread as well

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks again for your suggestions.

I saw the thread you mentioned before and unfortunately there is no solution on the thread so I have posted a question to the original poster in case they found a solution.

The OSS Note is useful for normal FTP scenarios but does not offer any help with the Seeburger FTP adapter.

I must check with my BASIS team about checking the visual admin logs.

Thanks,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben

Looking at the message

%recipient id%APRF where either recipient or APRF can be omitted

check weather these are coming correctly. Like is it mandatory for the output. Also check whats the dependency it is having with recipient id.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garuav,

Thanks for your response.

I understand that the command is looking for the %APRF and %recipient id variables but my problem is that I don't know how or where to specify these values.

There does not appear to be any options in the receiver channel in the Integration Directory.

Have you worked with the Seeburger FTP adapter before?

Thanks,

Ben