cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problem Enterprise Services Explorer 1.1 for .NET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've installed the Enterprise Services Explorer 1.1 for .NET on my system but I can't see the SAP ES Explorer Node in my Visual Studio. I currently have Visual Studio 2005 and VS 2008 (german) installed.

Is there any other thing i have to install or configure on my system?

Thanks a lot,

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rima,

I don't have a SAP node entry in my Event Viewer and i can't find any error message from SAP or from ESE.

Thankl you,

Wolfgang

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

Which Visual Studio edition do you use ? Integrating custom add-ins is possible only with Proffessional edition, therefore ES Explorer for .NET supports only Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 Proffessional edition.

In case you use Proffessional edition, I would ask you to open an OSS message on BC-ESI-UDDI-NET component via SAP support channel.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang, Did you install the software already? I'm in the same position as you, i have downloaded SAP ES Explorer since last month and the SAP ES menus never appear,

Today i did it all from the beginning, downloaded from:

/docs/DOC-8257#section2

The verification tool says that all Dll'S are ok but i can't see the Options Menu, The Add SAP Web Service, none of them.

Please if anyone have any other suggestion i'll appreciate it.

Thank you,

Gabriel

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Gabriel,

I guess that you try to use ES Explorer for .NET on localized version of Windows. In this case:

1. Close all open instances of Visual Studio

2. Go to < localized version of C:Documents and Settingsall UsersApplication Data>Microsoftmsenvsharedaddins folder and copy SAP.ESE.UI.AddIn file to <localized version of C:Documents and Settingsall Users>Application DataMicrosoftmsenvsharedaddins folder.

This should solve the issue. Explanation: "Application Data" substring is not localized in Visual Studio settings that are taken from Tools->Options, Environment->Add-inMacros Security.

More detailed answer you will find in this [blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12549] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having trouble with this as well, in both 2005 and 2008. The Options panel is available and I can configure it, but the element in the context menu never appears (see for my thread on that problem). I have also reinstalled using the link from this thread just to make sure I have the right version, and run the verification tool, which indicated complete success.

I'm curious, reading your blog post about localizations for this addin and seeing the specificity of some of those paths, is this addin expected to work on Windows 7? That is the OS I am running, and some of the locations of the files are not the same.

Any idea if that might be a problem? If so, are there any plans to resolve it?

Thanks!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rima,

my Visual Studio is installed in "C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\".

Thank you,

Wolfgang

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

Could you, please, check if SAP.ESE.UI.AddIn exists in following directory: C:\Documents and Settings\all Users\Application Data\Microsoft\msenvshared\addins ?

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rima,

I have a "SAP.ESE.UI.AddIn" in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\msenvshared\addins".

Thank you,

Wolfgang.

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

When did you download ES Explorer for .NET installation ? In the previous version was a bug that prevented from ES Explorer for .NET to be loaded on localized versions of Visual Studio. It is fixed in a new version. If this is your case, please, download an updated version from [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10cacdca-b0bb-2a10-77be-d600de4658b7].

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rima,

I downloaded the ES Explorer just before i post this thread. This file is dated on 6.Oct.2008, the same as I could download from your link.

Thank you,

Wolfgang

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

Could you please download [ES Explorer 1.1 for .NET Verification Tool|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f02adcb2-3aa4-2b10-3cb2-d6fef8fdcf65] and check if the installation is ok ?

Best Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rima,

I run ES Explorer 1.1 for .NET Verification Tool but everything seems ok. Anything special I have to look?

Thank you,

Wolfgang

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

Navigate to Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Event Viewer and check if there are any error messages with source ESE in SAP node.

Best Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rima,

in my GAC i've these 3 assembly's from SAP:

"SAP.ESE.Common",

"SAP.ESE.Core" and

"SAP.ESE.UI".

In the Visual Studio Add-In Manager is no Add-In available. Also i've no "Add SAP Enterprise Service" item in the menu.

Thank you,

Wolfgang

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

Could you, please, check what is the installation directory of Visual Studio ?

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rima,

I've already tried this a lot of times, also to remove the programm and install new. It's always the same.

In the installation directory "C:\Programme\SAP\Enterprise Services Explorer 1.1 for Microsoft .NET\" i can only see 2 directories "VS 2005 Help" and "VS 2008 Help" with some Help-Files, no other files or directories.

Also in my Visual Studio directory i can't find any files from SAP.

Do I need any other software to use Enterprise Services Explorer i.e. SAP PDK or something else?

Thank you,

Wolfgang

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

ES Explorer for .NET dlls are installed into the GAC. In order to verify that its installtion was completed successfully, you need ES Explorer 1.1 for .NET verification tool. I submitted the tool to SDN today. I believe its publication will take a few days. After it will be published, I'll send you its download link.

Could you, please, be more specific regarding the issue you encounter:

1. Is ES Explorer for .NET available in Visual Studio Add-in Manager ?

2. When you create a new application, does "Add SAP Enterprise Service" project menu item appear on right-click on project name ?

Best Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rima,

I've read this article before, but I can't see the Add-In in my Visual Studio after installation.

It seems, that the Add-In is not registered in the Visual Studio. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Wolfgang.

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

Add-in registration happens during installation. Therefore, it is very important to close all open instances of Visual Studio before the installation. I would suggest you:

1. to close all open instances of Visual Studio

2. go to Add\Remove Programs and repair ES Explorer for .NET installation

Regards,

Rima.

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

Read following [overview|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0319dc4-d76d-2a10-d19f-e4f4ff315bde] to see if you miss something.

Regards,

Rima.