cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Request from ECC6 --> 4.7 Enterprise: is it possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please, do you know if is it possible to release a Tranport Request (with ABAP Workbench Object, such as ABAP Dictionary, Function Modules, ABAP Objects) from SAP ECC6 and then import the Transport Request into ECC5 or into 4.7 Enterprise SAP system??

I would like to release the transport request (generating COFILE and DATA file) from ECC6 and enqueueing them into import queue of the target system.

The COFILE and DATAFILE will be recognized by:

1) 4.7 Enterprise system or not?

2) ECC5 system (based on Netweaver 2004), or not?

(Then I know that it could be some syntax errors to correct, after import...)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Albert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is possible.

But it is a VERY BAD idea to do it.

There are possibilities to break down your system.

It's a much better idea to recreate the transport order on a dev system of the right release.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"break down the system"??

Is this a your opinion or are there possibilities that practical conditions may cause the "break down" of the system?

Please, could you tell me which or what could cause the break down?

Please, take also in consideration that I would like to Transport only Z objects.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You did not say that you were speaking about Z objects.

It is, of course, much less likely to break down the system with Z objects but with standard objects, you can, for example, break down the login application and so "break down" the system.

It's your system, you make the choices and take your chances !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK,

So, from your reply I understand the following:

1) Techincally it is possible to Export an ECC6 Change Request and then import it in a ECC5 or 4.7 SAP system, i.e. the cofile and data file generated by ECC6 will be read without problem from STMS of the target ECC5/4.7 SAP system.

2) Since my Change Request contains only Custom objects (Z development in Package "Zmypackage") there are no possibilities to break down the SAP system. The worst case may be: my Z Workbench objects will be not activated (for example for syntax errors).

Is it correct?

Many thanks!!!

Regards,

Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree to both 1) and 2), as well as the above statements. And just want to take the opportunity to "enrich" the discussion with some official information: [556734 - FAQ Transport: Setup and further information|https://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=556734]

Have a look at number 5 and 6.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you understood exactly what I meant !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all very much!!

Regards,

Albert

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not. Transports are valid for the same release.

-Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

strange... because I have already transport with success a Transport Request from ECC5 to ECC6 (custom Development objects)... and now I would like to know if it is possibile do the viceversa.

Thanks for your help.

Any consideration are well accepted!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the other way worked, all I can suggest is you try a test import first to check the consequences.

regards, Sean.