cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment shipment across companies

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a plant in Canada that belongs to company code CA01 that will ship product, on consignment, into the US to a customer that belongs to company code US01. The legal agreement is between the US and the customer. However, if this were a traditional consignment shipment, the product would still belong to company CA01. This is not acceptable.

Has anyone done this other than a purchase order between the 2 companies, receipt into unrestricted inventory, transfer to consignment inventory and invoice receipt and payment to the company in Canada? Anyway to automatically transfer inventory and initiate payment?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have your tried with thrid-party sales order processing? It looks third party sales processing satisfies your requirements.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using 3rd party processing with the consignment fill up order type. I am not selling the product but moving it into consignment at this point in the process. The key is that I want the consignment product to belong to the company code in the US, not to belong to the company code which owns the plant that shipped the product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are going to have to "sell" or STO, that product from CA01 to US01, then do standard consignment from there.

Inventory and financial "stuff" has to take place between CA and US, the only way to make that happen is an Inter-Company, a "Sales Order" or an STO (not sure the details of STO across companies, someon else correct me if there is)

I am guessing you don't want to go thru all the hassle of setting up the InterCompany config, so proabably set up each country with it's own "Customer" and do the sales order route. then it's Consignment as usual

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the tranctions happens occationally wrt material we use intercompany process. If customer wants to have regular trasactions with the company code, to which he has not created, the option is to extend the customer to another company code and continue with the regular process.

I think that is the reason consignment and outline agreements are not going to have intercompany process, only direct process.

Hope this is clear.

Regards,

Ravindrakumar Duggirala