Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Changing a name from BATCH User ID to User User ID in CUA

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi team,

When we create a new user or make any modification to a user in CUA, once after pushing in to child systems.if we go in to change documents and see, it is showing that "BATCHUSER" created or modified instead of showing original user's who created.

Is there any setting in CUA that can change, so that it will show the actual user ID who changed it.

I figured one thing, since every change made in CUA is pushing through a batch program, its changing every modification to that user ID.

thanks,

Sun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When we create a new user or make any modification to a user in CUA, once after pushing in to child systems.if we go in to change documents and see, it is showing that "BATCHUSER" created or modified instead of showing original user's who created.

If you set up trusted rfc connections and make sure your adminstrators have sufficient rights in the child systems you can set up the rfc connections to use the current account and have the actual iDoc processor in the change documents.

Unfortunately that also means that whoever empties the iDoc queue on the cua master by redistributing iDocs with transaction SCUL has his/her name attached to all the change documents. I'll have a look for the note I once read about this. It has some other disadvantages.

> Is there any setting in CUA that can change, so that it will show the actual user ID who changed it.

Best switch on table logging for tables USL04 and USLA04 in the CUA master, use those for audit purposes, and only pay attention to change documents in the child systems which were not created by your batchuser.

Here's the [note, 898213|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/898213].

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Nov 21, 2008 5:56 PM, link to note added

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When we create a new user or make any modification to a user in CUA, once after pushing in to child systems.if we go in to change documents and see, it is showing that "BATCHUSER" created or modified instead of showing original user's who created.

If you set up trusted rfc connections and make sure your adminstrators have sufficient rights in the child systems you can set up the rfc connections to use the current account and have the actual iDoc processor in the change documents.

Unfortunately that also means that whoever empties the iDoc queue on the cua master by redistributing iDocs with transaction SCUL has his/her name attached to all the change documents. I'll have a look for the note I once read about this. It has some other disadvantages.

> Is there any setting in CUA that can change, so that it will show the actual user ID who changed it.

Best switch on table logging for tables USL04 and USLA04 in the CUA master, use those for audit purposes, and only pay attention to change documents in the child systems which were not created by your batchuser.

Here's the [note, 898213|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/898213].

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Nov 21, 2008 5:56 PM, link to note added

0 Kudos

HI Jurjen,

thanks for your information. i will look in to the note.

I am looking for some permanent solution, even if batch runs every time using Batch id, it should not replace the user id who actually made the change.

thanks,

Sun

0 Kudos

Before you activate the logging of these tables, please check which release and SP level you are on and perhaps wait until Monday for Bernhard to comment as well.

There were changes to the change documents a few months ago and a few other notes followed which also affected the CUA.

Please search service.sap.com for the name of the report "RSUSR100N" and also use this report to to evaluate the documents.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the information. i will search for your report in service place

thanks,

Sree

Edited by: sun on Nov 21, 2008 7:44 PM