cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price List and Price Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

what is the difference between a price list and a price group ?

Regards,

Bahia.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bahia

Your Qn is not clear to me

The possible entries for these two Price List and Price Group are defined in img-sd-basic functions-pricing-price relevent master data fields

here you define the possible F4 entries and assign them in CMR is sales area data in sales tab

Pls explain your qn little bit more so that i or some other friends will be able to explain you better

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright I understood.

Please forget about my question.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Best regards,

Bahia.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bahia

Price Group

1. you can enter a value for this field in the customer master (for example: wholesaler, retailer, industrial buyer, etc).

2. use: for analysis (you can create queries and list customers or transactions for a particular price group

3. pricing (you can give pricing, discounts and surcharges to customers depending on which price group he belongs)

Price List

1. you can list material prices for a certain sales area + customer + plant combination

2. you can further restrict the price list on the basis of pricing date, item category, etc.

Price group

The grouping of customers for the purpose of pricing.

For example, price groups can differentiate between wholesale customers and retail customers.

Price list

A register that is valid over a specific length of time and contains the catalog numbers and current prices of products.

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 21, 2008 5:43 PM

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 21, 2008 5:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for both of you.

I have one more question please : is it possible to assign a price group to an industry (customer master) ?

Edited by: Bahia M. on Nov 21, 2008 1:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bahia,

Price Group

1. you can enter a value for this field in the customer master (for example: wholesaler, retailer, industrial buyer, etc).

2. use: for analysis (you can create queries and list customers or transactions for a particular price group

3. pricing (you can give pricing, discounts and surcharges to customers depending on which price group he belongs)

Price List

1. you can list material prices for a certain sales area + customer + plant combination

2. you can further restrict the price list on the basis of pricing date, item category, etc.

Thanks!

Preethi.