cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newbie. how to launch transaction c#?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i'm working on my first sap application, i'd simple like to view if my system is up, so i need to open a connection and start a transaction (st03 in my case) to see if my system response. I've created the connector, the string, initialized and launched(.open() method) which i use to check the exception. it works, but i really don't understood how to create and launch my transaction. I'm using c# and winform. the ideal would be to see if the result of my transaction (i usually to manually launch it by sapshcut with -command tag) is null or not. Last question, what's the difference between sapclient and sapconnector? really thanks in advance for the help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could turn SAPGUI on in you connection string and use RFC function "RFC_CALL_TRANSACTION". This would launch a SAPGUI and go to the specified transaction.

If you need further "automation" (e.g. do something completely silently), a specify BAPI or IDoc would be better as already mentioned in this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

perfect!! i undestood how to operate! at this point (i want to operate in silent)i only need to know an information. There is a table to read common to all r3 system that assure me that my system is working? My idea is to query system and keep back the exception to say that system is working or not..

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ST03 is part of CCMS - I'm sure that there are a bunch of RFC functions available. You could start searching for functions which name starts with "SAPWL" - I would several that look promising.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi giorgio,

it means that you never had a contact with SAP world, isnt it ?

Ok, when you say "start the transaction ST03" what exactly are you saying ? R/3 system re formed by transactions which are similar to "small systems" inside the r/3, ok ?

You cant do nothing since you've started a processing, like a call transaction, batch input, BAPI, ...whatever you do with a transaction, using the SAP .NET Connector, it must be processed by a RFC(BAPI, FM, IDocs, ...)...ok ? you ll need to know what kind of processing to do, in other ways, what RFC to execute.

Remember that an object from SAPClient is just a class that contains access atributes and the SAPConnector class enables the connection(d/c) and allows the RFC executions, ok ?

any doubt, contact me.

grettings,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

i explain better my goal... to make my precedent monitoring tool i have realised a vbs tool that interact with the sapguy, as i sayed before i log on to the system launching sapshcut from the vbs. when the system is logged on i use the upper command box to launch /st03 (my trans) and /nex to log out. As i undestood from your mail i need to initialize th connector (that it's ok, i could also trap the error as i need) and make my request to system by the rfc object. As i undestood i need to create a new TID referring to my sap system and launch it trought di appropriate rfc object, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for the error, supgui and ortographic, i was making another thing in same time

Former Member
0 Kudos

in addiction... this

http://www.sap-img.com/bc041.htm

is the standard transaction i'm using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Girgio,

You'll need a help from a SAP Consultant(more exactly from an ABAP/4 Developer) to develop the "bridge" between the ST03 information and your .NET Application, ok ? he'll pass the developed RFC and you'll just build the proxy(With the SAP .NET Connector) to receive and manipulate that data, ok ?

I'm web and abap developer, and our company've a specialized integration team(which SAP .NET Connector is one tech of our expertise) if you wanna some help, contact me into my business email - acalderan@complex.inf.br

See ya,

Andre