Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Authorisation object for AFPO-INSMK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When a Material is maintained as QM, 03 type on the Material Master this ensures QA inspection during Production.

So when the Production Order is created the Order is marked as Quality Inspection on the Goods Receipt Tab in the Control Data window in the Stock type field (AFPO-INSMK = 'X').

The problem I have is that this setting in field AFPO-INSMK can be changed by users who have access to CO01/CO02, who may not necessarily be Business approved to do so.

The question is, is there a standard Security Object for this field or would I have to create a custom object in a user exit to control access to change the contents of this field, then assign the object to the business approved users only to allow them to change the contents of this field.

I have identified the correct user exit where the custom object can be checked but I just want to verify if there is a OSS note (which I have searched for unsucessfully) or a standard solution to this problem before I go making my custom change.

Also if anyone can verify if this problem is handled differently in SAP version ECC6 as we are currently on version 4.7

Thanks,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If QM is active in production then irrespective of whatever stock type selected by user in the GR tab of the production order, the material will posted to Quality inspection stock.So, you do not have to worry even if the users change the stock type in the production order for the material.:-)

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I'm not aware of any additional functionality for this in ECC6.

In addition to an extra check via a user exit/enhancement point, you could create a variant transaction which hides the field (or makes display only). That variant (e.g. ZCO01) could be used by those not requiring access. Either method would work but is depends on your situation/design/developers etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If QM is active in production then irrespective of whatever stock type selected by user in the GR tab of the production order, the material will posted to Quality inspection stock.So, you do not have to worry even if the users change the stock type in the production order for the material.:-)