cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Developer using SAP ECC 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just recieved a 2-4 month project but I am not sure what SAP ECC is or does in conjunction with this job order. I am hoping someone can explain what this client is looking for? Does the client need 2 different types of SAP Consultants?

The client needs to upgrade from SAP 4.6c to SAP ECC 5.0, to be followed by an implementation of Unicode.

Message was edited by: Craig Cmehil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

someone knows whether there is any difference in FI functionallity? I've been said that SAP ECC 5.0 introduces more tables than BKPF and BSEG, and depending on the ledger the document has been posted its data is stored in one or other table... more or less.

I'm looking for information about new G/L functionality and new SAP tables to begin to analize Z programs and adapt them to the new system specifications.

Any help, ideas or documentation will be welcome.

Regards,

Message was edited by: José Mª Mateo Redón

Message was edited by: José Mª Mateo Redón

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

SAP ECC is the equivalant of R/3. SAP has renamed the core R/3 system to ECC. The first version of this is ECC 5.0. It is just like R/3 4.7, but with some new functionality and "basis" layer. 4.7 runs on the WebAs 6.20, ECC 5.0 runs on the WebAs 6.40.

Regards,

Rich Heilman