cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting of an external system by IDOC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we want to connect an external (storage) system to XI by IDOC-Adapter.

In a scenario without XI the R/3 backend triggers the external system by RFC-Call (TCPIP-conncetion) and an program on the external system is called. This program executes an RFC-call on the R/3 to get the IDOC-informations.

IN the new scenario (with XI) the R/3 Backend sends the IDOC information to XI. The XI routes this to external system. An TCPIP-Connection is needed which calls the program from the external system.

But how should this work? The program can not (or should not) call the R/3 Backend directly but the XI.

What has to be done now? Has the program of the external system changed so that it can understand IDOC-structure directly?

Or do I have to implement a business process scenario to guarantee that the external system reads the IDOC data in XI (similar to "old" scenario?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Can you please elaborate more on this.

1)

>>>>IN the new scenario (with XI) the R/3 Backend sends the IDOC information to XI. The XI routes this to external system. An TCPIP-Connection is needed which calls the program from the external system.

<<<<<

What is your external system? Is it another SAP Application?

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

the external system is NO sap application. The question is how the external system gets the IDOC-data.

The program which is definied in RFC-destination (registerd program) is call und what has this called program to do? Does it read the IDOC data by using C-calls or which possibilites do I have?

Thanks a lot and best regards!

Florian

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

In XI, IDOC and RFC Adapters are used for communicating with SAP Systems.

For communicating with external systems XI has large selection of connectivity options for A2A and B2B integration. The connectivity options include File/FTP, HTTP, SOAP,JMS,JDBC,Email and so on for A2A and RNIF, CIDX and others for B2B.

You can choose any of the connectivity options mentioned above to connect to your external system.

Also, refer to the following links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/70/f3cbad30ee479cb15672219f3405f0/content.htm

SAP Note# 821268

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sam Raju

FlLunding
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Actually it is possible to use the IDOC adapter with non-SAP systems on most platforms. The trick is in your scenario to write an RFC server program that will register itself in the Gateway on the SAP XI system and respond to the IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS remote function call.

I guess you will be able to find most of the details in the following RFCSDK guide:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7528b890-0201-0010-3782-86b...

Kind regards,

Flemming

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI everybody,

thank you very much for your help. Now it es possible to send an IDOC from R/3 Backend and IDOC-Adapter via XI to an external system using the IDOC-Adapter.

But now the external system wants to send IDOCs back. So the communication is realised by using the IDOC-Adapter again. In this case we do not get the messages in XI. The conncection is ok (we see this in the Gateway), but the system gets an error in IDOC adapter (sys-log):

<b><b>Transaktions-Abbruch IDOC_ADAPTER 151 ( LFS 910 )</b></b>LFS = external system (AS400).

In the RFC-Trace we find following information:

<b> **** Tra

Transaktions-Abbruch IDOC_ADAPTER 151 ( LFS 910 )ce file opened at 20060223 111414 W. Europe Stand, SAP-REL 640,0,109 RFC

======> Der Funktionsbaustein "EDI_FILL_SYIDOC01_FOR_RFC" ist nicht vorhanden

ABAP Programm: SAPLIDX1 (Transaction: )

Called function module: EDI_FILL_SYIDOC01_FOR_RFC

User: RFC_USER (Client: 910)

Destination: C01 (handle: 3, , {C322581B-EB47-43E7-87D7-4607C2873828})

SERVER> RFC Server Session (handle: 1, 95896538, {43FD899F-8993-0202-E100-00000A

SERVER> Caller host: LHMAS40A.INTRANET.SYS

SERVER> Caller transaction code: (Caller Program: SAPCPIC)

SERVER> Called function module: ARFC_DEST_SHIP</b>

Can anybody help us?

Thanks a lot!

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

A supplementation to my problem.

If I load/create manually the meta data in IDX2 for the IDOC send from external system via IDOC adapter it runs!!!!!!!

In IDX1 I configured the external system as a port and used the R/3 backend system as the RFC-destination.

It seems that the IDOC adapter can not get meta data from R/3 Backend.

What could be the problem?

If I send data from R3-backend the meta data are created automatically. Why doesn't it function if the IDOC comes from an external system?

IDOC structure etc. is the same!!

Thanks a lot!

Florian

FlLunding
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Yes, it is necessary in IDX2 to reload it from the reference system or copy it over to the port of the non-SAP system. I guess if you ask SAP they would probably tell you that it is working as designed

Regards,

Flemming

Answers (0)