cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAX CODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is need to maintain tax code while creating condition record for excise duty in VK11. We define tax code for Sales tax only not for Excise duty u2026 is it right.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Neil

There is no tax code for excise duty. You have to maintain the following in TCode J1ID

- Material and Chapter ID Combination with "1" under Declared tab

- Customer Excise details

- Excise Tax rate

Once you maintain the datas in the above areas, excise duty will flow accordingly.

Only for sales tax, you need to maintain tax codes.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx everyone for your valuable answers . I close this thread.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi neil,

You are absolutely right.By using the T.Code:VK11 we are going to maintain tax code MWST which is known as output tax or the sales order tax but not excise tax.

If you want to maintain excise tax then we have to use the T.Code:FV11 to create the condition record.In this just similar to VK11 we have to select the condition type and proceed in creating the condition record.This tax will be the excise tax.

Edited by: mohan phani on Nov 21, 2008 2:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

We only create the tax code for the sales tax which i basically achived by Tax Determination procedure.Just make a Tax code for the country IN and when you maintain the condition records for MWST in VK11,you will be asked to put in the tax code say 8% which you have set in IMG.As far as excise duty is concerned you have to configure CIN(Country India version).You cant maintain excise tax in the sales pricing procedure.I hope it is clear.,

Thanks

Rishi