cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen ui look changes on resolution change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The alignment and size of UI elements for my webdynpro application screen changes when I change the resolution. I have not specified width/height in pixels but in percentages.

Any pointers to control the change in look?

Thanks,

Priyanka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is default behavour.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info. This means UI could be designed as per a particular resolution and there is no way i could have it consistent across all resolutions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like your layouting is making things worse for you....

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please elaborate the same? What should be the recommended layout!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which layout are you using. I guess you might be using the default layout flowlayout. I would suggest to go with GridLayout or MatrixLayout.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using gridlayout only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So are your elements from one row comes to another row of you get some additional space between those elements. I guess first should not be the case and for the second please check if you have set the horixontal stretch property to false for your container.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting problems with sizes of ui elements getting changed and not their relative positioning.

Also,I suppose it is advisable to provide the width of UI elements in percentages rather than pixels. Is that correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Yes, it is a good practice to give the width in terms of % so that it changes as per the resolution. Did you try giving the width property of your root container to 100% and check it for all the resolutions?

Regards,

Murtuza