cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use WAS 6.40 as test platform for ALE/RFC/IDOC comm. using .NET-Connector?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to develop an interface to a SAP R/3 system using the ALE/RFC/IDOC technologie. My application has been developed in C# using the Microsoft .NET Platform, running on a Windows-OS.

I will received some iDoc´s from R/3 (e.g. MATMAS, LOIPRO) and have to send back some iDoc´s to R/3 vice versa. I plan to use the SAP .NET connector for this purpose.

What I need is a SAP test system during the interface development, where I can connect using RFC, create / view / exchange iDoc´s, etc.

I have seen many posts concerning Mini-SAP 4.6, but I have not found it for download anywhere. Can I also use WAS 6.40 for this purpose? What else do I need? What do I have to do in that test system to achieve the desired test environment?

Many questions, but I´am a newbie on SAP ALE/RFC.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use any SAP system that supports ABAP. So the NetWeaver 04 Java package doesn't help.

The Mini-Systems are available in different versions. One version comes with the book "Abap objects" that should be available in all good book shops. As this books is generally a good introduction to SAP I would recommend to buy it.

Alternatively you can order a Mini System CD set from the SAP Online shop (the shop that also sells SAP T-Shirts and stuff like that).

Note that the mini system does not contain the SAP .NET Connector. The Connector itself is available for download only to SAP customers. If you are working in comission, your comissioner should have access the .NET Connector installation and also should be able to provide access to an SAP system for you.