Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

take too much time to print invocie through vf03

Former Member
0 Kudos

AOA

dear all

when i try to print invoice through vf03 .. it take too much time apx. 30 min + ,and some time it generate dump

plz tell me can i resolve that issue

Thanks

Khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You didnot mention, the printer location and is the printer was network printer or a seperate Print server is mainatined.

Need more details about your scenario....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi....

i enter vf03 and enter billing Doc #

then go billing doc >issue output to> click on print

after that it take too much time (15-45 mint) , then it show printer

from list i select printer

which can be network printer or local printer

plz helpme to resolve that issue

regard

Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with your basis team if there are any long queues awaiting for spool requests to be processed,

if it was a network printer, netwrok congestion can also lead to long time to process the request,

or if the printer selected for is busy printing other requests(not only from SAP but requests of non-sap prints) then also it could lead to long print time.

Since you are getting the required print(though it was taking long time) now this was not problem from configuration point, but could be performance problem and need to handle by Basis consultant.

Co-ordinate with your basis team for this performance problem.

Hope this helped you....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...

queues awaiting for spool requests is almost empty , other than print invoce every thing is working fine

regard

khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>after that it take too much time (15-45 mint) , then it show printer

mean some problem with vf03, you are getting print screen after long time that doesn't mean there is a problem with printer. until SAP process your request you will not get next screen ie print screen.

execute the same process and then open a new window and check in SM50 under the same user whats going on. may be it is taking long time to read the data from database.

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From your reply it shows this was not a issue, but there is performance problem. I think you better switch on the trace from ST05 and analyse at what point is the system consuming lot of time, feel like there is problem fetching the data from DB.

Regards...