cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict f4 help values in select options of Employee Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using HRASR_EMPLOYEE_SEARCH for employee search and created a new query ,infoset , usergroup which is responsible to fetch the selection criteria and result.I have one field in the search criteria as Cost Center which is connected to P0001-KOSTL.f4 help for that field fetches all the values(Local cost center,starts with M and Global Cost Center,starts with G)

I want to filter out the f4 values in WDA so that it can fetch values only starts with G

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Solution?

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Do you mean to say that when the user gets the OVS popup he should be able to use wildcard characters like G* in there? If thats your requirement then thats quite possible. You can do this within the phase 2 of the OVS. You first read the values that were entered by the user in the restriction screen by saying something like:

assign ovs_callback_object->query_parameters->* to <ls_query_params>.

You then fetch the desired attribute into a local variable like:

lv_matnr = <ls_query_params>-matnr.

Then you can say like:

REPLACE ALL OCCURRENCES OF '*' IN lv_matnr WITH '%' .

SELECT <your fields>  FROM <table> INTO TABLE lt_select_list WHERE MATNR LIKE lv_matnr.

Hope that this is clear for you now. You can also try go through this [full example|http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/WebDynproABAP/OVS/page1.htm] where they have explained the same concept using step-by-step screenshots.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uday,

Thanks for the reply.

But let me explain the problem clearly.I have f4 help on one of the field and that f4 help consists of values like GKC,GKB,MKC,MMKC etc .

When user presses f4 help for that field instead of showing all the available values i want to filter out values starting G and show only those values in the f4 help values.

Hope I am clear enough

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri