cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropdownbykey. data is missing in one column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing issue in dropdownbykey UI element.

When pushbutton is clicked, there is table showing up. but the first column in the table is missing. There is no value. This column values are expected to be like hyperlink so that when any one is clicked that is selected and the field is populated by this value.

I have found the dropdownbykey UI element on the view and trying to find the code for this UI element.

I dont know anything about the dropdownbykey ui element as i am new to web dynpro. I am reading the sap help material but its not addressing very basic understanding

Could you please help get answers to following

1) When we click pushbutton of dropdownbykey ui element we see a table from which we can click on one of the rows (only one column of the table is link which we can click) How are the columns in the table determined ?

2) Which key of the table is selectable ?

3) From where are the values of the table fetched ? u2013 backend. so obviously will have to pick data type linked to the ui element from some model rite ? it cant be string.

4) Why is there a value-set ? is it for the dropdown part of the ui element ? is it mandatory to code them as contants when we make a ui element dropdownbykey on our view or there is any other way of fetching this value-set data?

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yogesh_galphade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipti

Check out the links for tables

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?query=tablesinwebdynpro+java&cat=sdn_all

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

While I found myself lost in the sap help pages of dropdownbylist ui element, I posted this query with a positive hope of getting effortless answers for my simple questions.

You are again diverting me to the theoritical world and this time for tables ui element which i find even more difficult in terms of relevance to my problem which is dropdownbykey ui element.

if you have anytime yourself worked with dropdownbykey, can u please provide answers to my questions ?

thanks v much

yogesh_galphade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I apologize for link I sent to you with full for other link. As a general if you want to use the dropdownbykey check SVS code. Which will help you to get the key value setting methods and cardinality.

If you dont want to use all these simply go for dropdownbyindex, in this get the key value from dropdown check in RFC node and fetch the data for key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Its perfectly alright.

Could you please tell me what is SVS code ?

Is it so that by using this I will have all the methods needed for coding required for dropdownbykey ui element ?

I dont want to go by dropdownbyindex because I am not developing any application, there is this problem in an already developed application which I have to investigate

My above questions were based on understanding that when we include dropdownbykey ui element in our view , the dropdown list, pushbutton and screen with all values are inbuilt. This is written in the sap help on the link -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5c/1b76bc3da0504e8b535cf3e154eaa7/frameset.htm

But now I have seen in my system that there is actually a separate view for displaying values is created for the pop up.

there is linktoaction ui element in the view where the dropownbykey is put and this linktoaction calls the view for displaying values.

I am now checking inside the code which passes data to this pop up view , why the first column in the table is missing.

thanks

yogesh_galphade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We include the dropdownbykey element when we want only unique values in the dropdown list thats why it is called dropdown- by- key

If possible can you send the screen shots that I can understand exact need. Send the screen in order of action you do.

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Yogesh,

I have sent you mail on gmail of yr business card

thanks

yogesh_galphade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Link for Tutorial and examples

/docs/DOC-8061#56