cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metadata from Erwin data model to BO Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have generated a CWM XML file from ErWin, that contains the physical table names of all tables in the model. I am using universe "metadata exchange" to convert this data model into a universe. The first time "create universe" is happening fine.

The problem is while updating the model.

There is a "owner" field specified in Erwin table. If thats left empty, the tables in the universe schema are generated as "unnamed_NNN.<TABLE_NAME>". (NNN is a number)

Obviously I have to remove the unnamed_NNN from the tables so that it will recognise the default database for the connection.

Say, the metadata has undergone some changes and we want to update the universe with new metadata. I used "metadata exchange" to update the universe from the model. At this time, it creates a new table and class with "unnamed_NNN.<TABLE_NAME>", instead of updating my TABLE_NAME class and object definition with the changed metadata.

This basically means update doesn't function as expected. Can anyone suggest if this is a limitation of the metadata exchange or am I doing something wrong ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to do the same thing using ER/Studio and have the same problem.

In addition, the joins from the model are not being reflected in the universe.

Vikas