cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prefix not valid for Dictionary table in NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am getting an error Prefix not valid when i am trying to create a table in Dictionary DC using NWDI.

I have created a name prefix as abc.com/abc in my SLD. when i am trying to create a table like

abc_BOOKPH it throws an error as Prefix not valid. if I remove the abc_ then it shows an error as missing prefix.

Is it must to register with SAP at service marketplace?

Please help me out what should be the approach to fix it.

Thanks,

Portal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To use ABC as prefix for your table you need to define it as a Prefix for DB Objects in the SLD of your server. This can be done using Name Reservation option available on the SLD. With this you'll be able to use this prefix for Database Tables for any server defined in the Landscape of the SLD.

You need to register it with SAP ServiceMarketplace only if it is to be defined and used Globally.

Pls check this help.sap.com [page|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/65/d4866c22ffc54785236a026f400122/frameset.htm].

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alka.

The issue was I reserved the name under Development Component but not under dictionary object. After reserving the prefix under Dictionary object in SLD the issue was resolved.

Small mistake but troubled me a lot.

Thanks,

Portal

Answers (0)