cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI refresh after a RFC change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frns,

I have a SOAP to RFC scenario, where an external system is trying to call SAP to get some data.

This was working fine, but some of the fields were having some field length mismatch.So, I changed the lengths in RFC, and reactivated all the elements in XI.But now, the new changes are not coming to XI, and even some of the existing field values are not going thru.

I reactivated all the componets in IR and ID, and cleared SLD cache.Still it has this issue. Am I missing something?

Please give me some suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Anjana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana

After you made changes to RFC check those changes are reflected in your scenario. Check it in your message mapping. If changes are reflected just restart you RFC communication channel in RWB.

It works. Earlier we have faced the same problem it worked for us.

Regards

Sowmya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check value in same format means use leading Zero to complete field length.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reimport the RFC. if the sender message type is also changed, do generate a new wsdl for the sender soap channel and provide it to the consumer.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks VJ. I did reimport the RFC and changed the sender MT. And also generated new wsdl n even when I tried with that, I m getting the wrong result.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are you calling as wrong result? Example?

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 50 fields in whcih 10 of the fields are not getting values when I test my wsdl using testing tool, but I can see the values when I run the RFC in SAP.So, I m confused where my data is getting missed.

Previously, I used to get values for all the fields, only issue was field length mismatch. But after I changed that, even some of the unchanged fields are not getting values.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you make any changes to the mapping? Take the XML that your web service tool is sending and paste in message mapping testing too. If you are seeing red circles then there is some problem in your mapping. If the RFC structure hierarchy is changed you should change the mapping accordingly. Otherwise due to the context changes you might loose values there..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Looks like problem with Mapping. take data and test using mapping test. verify the result.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did some mapping test with test values and it worked succesfully. is there any other place i shud check?

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana,

Whenever this problem is seen, Please stop/start the RFC communication Channel from runtime workbench. Problem will be resolved if still it persist, the final solution is to restart the server. Also if you have more than 1 polling connection in channel configuration change it to 1 before stop/start and then after running 1 end to end scenario, reset the value.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for the reply. We tried restarting the communication channel and since that did not work, we restarted the server and still that did not solve the issue.Is there any other steps we can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Anjana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After reimporting the RFC cache refresh as follows :

From transaction SXI_CACHE, do delta and complete refresh

and using the following url

http://server:port/CPACache/refresh/?mode = full

Regards,

Sreeni

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana,

just a guess,after importing the bapi, did you replace the old bapi in Message Mapping and interface mapping.

thanks.