cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help with VAT Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my scenario.

We're dealing with a partner in Germany. We will be shipping them parts from the US and need to slap on a 19% VAT surcharge when invoiced.

I can get the VAT to calculate correctly on the SO and Invoice, the issue is that it will not post to accounting because of the below error:

Tax statement item missing for tax code O1

Here is my setup:

I am using condition type MWST, access sequence Country(US)/Destination Country(DE) Amount 19%, Tax Code O1

In OB40, under key MWS, I have the GL account entered for the Tax Code and Accounts are determined for Tax Code.

I looked at the GL itself and in the control section, the tax category has a * meaning all tax types are allowed. It's also configured to post w/o a tax code present.

I'm at a loss, is my setup missing something or completely incorrect?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear James,

Though, you have checked all the settings, request you to check -

T. Code: FTXP

Key-in Country-Code & Tax Code (O1).

On to next page, up-there, a Tab: Tax Accounts. Click on it & check whether G/Ls have been assigned or not.

Best Regards,

Amit.

Note: I have also searched in to Forum, and found few threads with suggestion from Other Experts. Just refering the same for your information:

(Mr. Ravi's comment)

(Mr. Ravi's comment)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After kicking this around for a few days I'm still lost as to the issue

The new error I get is "Condition type MWST tax code O1 does not exist".

"When calculating tax, the system tried to determine the

condition amount and the condition number from tables A003

and A053 using the specified condition type and tax code.

However, no values were found there."

I discovered this SoldTo had a jurisdiction code and as soon as I removed it, I got past the earlier error and run into this one now. It appears it defaults to the jur. code for our main office if one isn't assigned to the sold to. I looked at these tables and these are the condition tables behind the MWST access sequence for tax condition types.

Here is my scenario again, please help me confirm I am approaching it the right way.

Need to collect 19% VAT when shipping from US plant to Germany.

I am using condition type MWST on the pricing procedure and this has an entry in VK13 to apply the 19% tax based on source/destination country. This seems to be working, it pulls it in ok onto the order in the tax field. I am using tax code O1 in the VK13 entry. I assume this is used in conjunction with the TAXUSJ procedure and will be used to calculate the right tax amounts.

I assume that since the source country is US, the tax calculation procedure TAXUSJ is where I need to do any config. I added a MWAS condition type which points to AccKey MWS. However, in FTXP I cannot enter in any percentage here. The field is greyed out. Within VK12, the only options I have for tax codes are from TAXUSJ.

I'm assuming that when trying to post to accounting this is where it's getting stuck since it can't find an entry in the condition tables behind this.

Can someone who's more of an expert on this please confirm my approach is correct. How can I get this tax in the TAXUSJ procedure?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue was I had to trick SAP to use the TAXUS procedure which does not use jurisdictions.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear James

Check this Note 971253 which should solve your problem.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

I have reviewed the following notes:

With no luck.

I tried stepping thru the code with my limited ABAP knowledge and it appears it's bombing because it can't find an entry in the BSET table.