cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Lower Level Contract(s) to Master Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've looked all around here and can not find the answer.

So I have a Master Contract (type GK). Now I want to create other Contracts and have them displayed as lower levels in the Master Contract.

If I create a new Contract, and enter the Master contract number in the header, I receive the error "Referenced document is not a group master contract"

Ultimately I want to create numerous contracts referencing the Master, so I can view them all under teh Master Contract. I do not simply want to create with reference and use doc flow.

Anybody ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PLs refer below steps

Creating Master Contracts

1. In the initial screen, choose Logistics -->Sales and distribution -->Sales.

2.Choose Contract -->Create.

3.In the Contract field, choose the contract type Master contract (GK is the master contract type in the standard system) and, if necessary, the organizational data.

The values for sales organization, distribution channel, and division may be proposed from the user parameters. Entries for the sales office and sales group are optional.

4.Choose Enter.

5. Enter the number of the sold-to party in the Sold-to party field.

6. Choose Enter.

7. Check the data on the following screens and, if necessary, enter additional data:

Business data

Partner

Contract data

Billing plan

Linking a Contract to a Master Contract

On the initial screen, choose Logistics ->Sales and distribution ->Sales.Choose Outline agreement ->Contract ->Create.

You can also link existing contracts to master contracts. In this case, choose Outline agreement ->Contract ->Change. Then enter the contract number and go to step 6.

Enter the contract type and, if necessary, the organizational data.

The values for sales organization, distribution channel, and division may be proposed from the user parameters. Entries for the sales office and the sales group are optional.

Choose Enter.

If you have activated the check for existing master contracts in Customizing and master contracts already exist for the customer, a dialog box appears. You can branch from the dialog box into the list of master contracts and select a suitable master contract from the list by placing the cursor on the master contract and choosing Copy.

If no dialog box appears, you reach the contract overview screen. Either enter a master contract number or search for a suitable master contract using a matchcode.

Choose Enter.

The system determines whether the reference is valid by checking that

u2013 The contract type can refer to the master contract type

u2013 The identical fields match

If the reference is valid, the system copies the data from the master contract into the contract according to the referencing procedure assigned to the master contract.

If the reference is not valid, the system issues an error message. If the identical fields do not match, it deletes the number in the Master contract field. In this case, either enter a suitable master contract number or check the settings in the Customizing activity Define Referencing Requirements.

Enter any other data you require.

The referencing procedure in the master contract controls whether you can change the data which was copied from the master contract.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both replies thus far reference creating an "Outline agreement ". There is no such menu on my system

ECC 6.0

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bill

Check these help links

[Linking a Contract to a Master Contract |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/55fd34545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm]

[Create Master Contract |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dm40/helpdata/en/20/07672b250d4c738c4e9e4446042a64/content.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi