cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Inspection lot Insp. End Date on inspection lot creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello QM masters,

We are implementing a solution that creates inspection lots based on a "Master" inspection lot. The "Master" inspection lot has a specific Insp. End Date that we need to pass to the inspection lots that generated from it. The inspection lots are generated based on IM movements. Is there a user_exit were me can change Insp. End Date on the inspection lot creation?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Tiago Magalhães

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiago,

Your requirement is not 100% clear to me but I guess you are looking towards some thing that can control the inspection end date, correct?

Then refer the field in the inspection type details, in material master QM view. The field name is "Avg. insp. duration"

Avg. insp. duration:-

When an inspection lot is created and you enter the start date for an inspection, the system uses the value stored in this field for the average inspection duration to calculate the end date for the inspection.

If you enter the end date of the inspection when the inspection lot is created, the system calculates the start date of the inspection using the average inspection duration entered in this field.

E.g.:- For inspection type 01, suppose the GR is prepared on 21.11.2008. You have maintained the value for "Avg. insp. duration" is 3, so you will have the Inspection lot end date as 24.11.2008

You can maintain it in material,plant and inspection type combination.

And for all the already created lot, I am sorry to say but to change it in mass, there is no any way, but the fastest way to change it is, Run QA32, and select all the lots, then go to change mode, change the date and SAVE. As soon as you save it will jump to the next lot selected in change mode.

Best Of Luck,

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal Joshi,

my requirement is not very easy to explain, I need to be able to whrite on the certain inspection lots the availability date based on the inspection date of an other inspection lot. This solution is to manage a requirement that my client has, that is to move material that is on quarantine. So we created an inspection lot 04, on the production order creation, and when we whant to move parts of this lot we post the quantity to unrestricted and then we move it by a special movement type to create a new inspection lot 08. On the creation of this second inspection lot we need to put the availability date exactly the same as the original inspection lot that was created on the confirmation of the production order.

Best regards,

Tiago Magalhães

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved. I used user-exit QPL10001.