Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing SCM 2007 APO with a non-SAP system

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We need to implement SCM2007 APO functionalities (PP-DS and GTA) with data from a non-SAP system. This means we would need to implement a interface to provide master data and transactional data to the SCM installation (like CIF).

Would any of you know where I can get documentation about it?

I know there are BAPIs to suppport this process, but would you be able to pinpoint the best way to go?

Thanks

Leonardo De Araujo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For SCM2007/SCM5.1 you can explore more on Enterprise services for SAP SCM too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BAPI are a good way to use a standard interface, just use the same approach as how you would establish CIF models and develop programs to call the BAPI in similar ways for creating the master data and also for the transactional data. For outbound there are new tools in SCM5.1 for transmission, all depends on how you link the external system. Also, be careful (aware/alert) with your pegging strategy in PPDS.

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave, very helpful answer!

We know there are bapis but we don't have the list of them.

Also, in standard CIF, idocs are used, no?

If so, couldn't we just come up with the same aproach (creating Idocs as if the backend was SAP)?

Any reference to documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Leonardo De Araujo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could go into the system but it is just as easy for you and also important to get familiar with the tool.

Go into the system and use transaction code BAPI and expand the SCM node.

Products

Locations

Transportation Lanes

Resources

Production Process Models

All of these FM will end with 'save multi' or something like that.

What kind of transactional data are you using?

Perhaps it all flows via IDOC, I mean when you configure the CIF there is an ALE component to it but I'm not sure, I will have to look.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you can use CIF with IDOCs. CIF can only work between R/3 and APO system. I haven't seen any atleast. You can however create IDOCs in APO and use them for your external system communication.

See [create IDOCs|http://lmy52.wordpress.com/2006/06/15/how-to-create-idoc/] for details.

Here are some useful BAPIs:

BAPI /SAPAPO/RRP_IO_COL Additional Columns in Product View - RRP_USEX_COLS_GET_TEXT_01 method APPEND 'column1' to CT_COLS_TEXT. APPEND 'Column2' to CT_COLS_TEXT

BAPI_MOSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI3 to create planned orders in APO

BAPI_PBSRVAPS_CHANGEKEYFIGVAL To load a KF of planning book

BAPI_PBSRVAPS_DETAIL2 Planning Book data - Input Parameters Planningbook, Data_view, Planning_Version, Period_Type Values (as in the domain /SAPAPO/CPDS_PERIOD_TYPE e.g. 'B' Week 'C' Month), Date_From and Date_To (format e.g. ww.yyyy)

BAPI_SLSRVAPS_GETLIST2 Extract sales orders from LC

BAPI_MOSRVAPS_GETLIST2 Extract Planned + production orders from LC

BAPI_POSRVAPS_REQUESTLIST2 Extract POs in APO

BAPI_POSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI3 Delivery - ATP Category BR in APO DRP

BAPI_PPMSRVAPS_GETLIST BAPIs to read PPM

BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2 to create or change the Products in APO.

BAPI_SLSRVAPS_GETLIST2 Extract Sales orders in APO

BAPI_SLSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2 Edit Sales orders in APO

bapi_stock_getlist Get stock characteristics via APS BAPI

BAPI_STSRVAPS_GETLIST2 Read Stocks for Selection Criteria

BAPI_STSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2 To create stocks in SNP - Parameter for Version

Also check [SDN SCM wiki|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/scm/scm+bapis]