cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard iViews and upgrade from SP05 to SP06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear MDM gurus,

We are planning an upgrade from SP05 to SP06.

Should I expect any issues with the standard iViews (Item Details, ResultSet, ...) after the new Business Packages are installed? Is there anything that I'll have to do in order to make them work?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Boris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Boris!

I had one issue when upgrading from SP05 to SP06: unable to save details view which have no fields in it's header (out of tabs). It seems like in SP06 you cannot create details view with no header attributes, but in SP05 you can.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I had absolutely no issues with the Standard iViews after upgrading from SP05 to SP06. They all worked fine in the Portal. What I do have problems with is the custom code that uses MDM4J. I recompiled it with the new jar file provided, but during the execution it is unable to establish the connection. My code is using the Portal System to connect to the MDM server and User mapping. These are the properties I can read from the Portal and establish the connection using the MDM4J jar. I have no means of doing that with the new APIs though. Has anyone succeeded to do it yet?

Thanks for your help,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

When you are intergarting MDM with EP you need to deploy the three sca files that come with the business package.

These sca files need to be not just of the same version and service pack number but also the same patch number.

So if you are upgrading to a new MDM version with a different SP and Patch.you will have to redeploy the correct sca files on portal again.

and after doing this you will have to go for afresh creation of your iViews and pages and roles etc.

all setting will have to repeated.

The only effort where you can save is in the MDM Repository design.

You can take a backup of the created repository by Archieving it.

Then unarchieve it on the new upgraded server.

Note:While loading this old rep on the new server you need to Update the repository first using the context menu->Update Repository.

Once this is done you can work with the same old design rep on the new server.

The Portal settings and configuration will have to redone.

Also one suggestion since you are integrating MDM with portal.I would suggest you continue working with the SP05 version instead of SP06 .as the SP06 version of MDM has certain issues when working with the portal UWL tasks etc.

So unless necessary you can continue working with the SP05 version as it is comparatively more stable when working with Portal.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simona,

Thanks to everyone for the fast response.

We are not using UWL in our portal so far. Our reason to upgrade to SP06 is a known issue that SP05 has when running a matching strategy through the portal. In most cases it runs well, but once a day or may be twice a day it would just completely block the repository and only a server restart would make it work again.

Note that we have also other repositories on this server and they continue to work fine.

Anyway, the decision has already been made and we are starting the upgrade.

My understanding was that I'll be able to use the already created iViews after installing the new Business packages. Perhaps, just going in edit mode and save them again... or something.

As for the custom Web Dynpros that I've done, I'll just rebuild and redeploy them after I get the new jar files.

The Archive and Unarchive functionality is clear, that's an easy step for sure. My main concern is if I have to redo the Display Details iViews or not. It seams that I get different responses from you guys.

Thanks,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

Once you undeploy the previously deployed business package your Iviews will no longer be available or you can just do is Transport the iViews and try using them once you redeploy the files. But I will suggest to do the entire scenario again otherwise you will surely get compatibility issues.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

You need to develop the entire scenario again because every version of MDM has its own business package which is compatible with the MDM Server version. You need to undeploy the previously deployed portal content i.e. SCA files and deploy the new content of SP06. After that MDM system is to be created again since with previous System you cannot connect new MDM Server.

Also after deploying the new SCAs restart the Portal server once.

Regards,

JItesh Talreja