Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new Org Level impact in existing roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to set/create 2 fields as organizational levels. For example KLART and DOKAR. Checking these I realized there is a big amount of roles "affected" by this change.

Because I plan to use the organizational level only for new roles , I would like to know which impact could have this change for existing roles, should one modify the existing roles after creating the Org Levels ? or in contrast they still work as always an no changes / adjustments is needed?

Thanks and regards

FedeX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Fedex,

normally (if there are no problems) the original authorization valueas are copied into the new org.level fields automatically. Only if there is a problem this will not happen. You will get a log with a list of the roles with problems.

To get an idea of how much adaptions have to be done manually, run PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE in testmode once. You will see what happens. Detailed information is contained in the report documentation which is accessable through the blue 'I'-button.

You will have to run the report in all systems of your landscape. So it is a good idea to run it in DEV first, update all roles where it is necessary and prepare a transport wiht that roles immediately. After run in PRD then simply import the transport and you are done there with manual adaptions already.

b.rgds,

Bernhard

2 REPLIES 2

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Fedex,

normally (if there are no problems) the original authorization valueas are copied into the new org.level fields automatically. Only if there is a problem this will not happen. You will get a log with a list of the roles with problems.

To get an idea of how much adaptions have to be done manually, run PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE in testmode once. You will see what happens. Detailed information is contained in the report documentation which is accessable through the blue 'I'-button.

You will have to run the report in all systems of your landscape. So it is a good idea to run it in DEV first, update all roles where it is necessary and prepare a transport wiht that roles immediately. After run in PRD then simply import the transport and you are done there with manual adaptions already.

b.rgds,

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bernhard,

I have a question

As I mentioned before my goal is that the existing roles keep working after running that program... and do not want to perform any adaptation....only if there is a real error that avoid work correctly.

In these 2 cases the role will keep working properly ( I mean restricting in the way that it uses to do).

1) In case field is copied to the Orglevel area after running the program and the value(s) will stay in both places (OrgLevel and Original place)

2) In case field is NOT copied to the Orglevel area after running the program but the value still in the original place .

right?

Thanks

FedeX