cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up output for automatic email

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a custom output that I want to email to the customer upon billing. The output is created and emailed when I manually request it, but will does not generate an emailautomatically upon saving. How can I fix this? I have maintained the External Send (transmission medium 5) in VV32 and on the output in Config. Any ideas??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Access to Conditions field is checked or not in your Output Type -General Data Tab.

Regards,

Sirisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In O/p type --> default values --> it should be send immediately while saving the application.

Also in the condition records it should be set to trigger immediately. Option 4 I guess.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

A few checks:

In VF02 >Goto>Header>Output>Goto -> Determination Analysis.

Select your output condition type and check the reason for why the condition type was not selected automatically.

Also,

Check the requirement routine attached in the Maintain Output Detremination Procedure agaisnt your Output Type?

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The determination Analysis has helped, the message is: access not made (initialized field)?

The procedure is standard V10000 with requirement 4.

In the output type, dispatch time is set to 4 (send immediately upon save) and the transmission is 5 (external send)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

Check with the Access Sequence in T. Code: V/07.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the "int" box for both fields in the access sequence. The email is still only being generated if I create it manually, it is not being created automatically.

There is a new message. "Output not found". The conditions of the output are division and material pricing group. Both items on the billing doc have the required material pricing group, and are the correct division...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

Just give a try with Communication Stategy.

Spro> Img> SAP Netweaver>Application Server> Basis Services> Message Control> Determine Communication Strategy

Select Startegy: CS01 and click: Communication type (from left hand Dialog Structure).

Maintain "Communication Method" as "INT - E mail" at position 1.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit. Email is already the first position, followed by print in the second position, and fax in third...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

Just check,

T. Code: V/40, or

Path: SPRO --> IMG --> Sales and distribution --> Basic Functions --> Output Control --> Output Determination --> Output Determination using Condition Tecnique --> Maintain Output Determination for Billing Documents

---> Maintain Output Determination Procedure, and

---> Assign Output Determination Procedure

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: Just Check, whether Customer email address is maintained in the Customer Master (XD02/ 03) -->Tab: General Data --> Sub-Tab: Address --> Field: E mail

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is maintained. The send works correctly on manual create, but does not generate the output automaticaly. I'm wondering if this has to do with the access being material pricing group (which is per item) and division at the header?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi maria

Just maintain the key combination as material / payer and maintain in the key combination in the access sequence and assign in the output type details and then check , wheather it is working or not

Regards

Srinath

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi maria

Have you maintained the same e-mail id in VV31 which you have maintained in the CMR..please check this ?

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Id di not maintain an email in VV31, it was maintained in the print program for the output. Where should this bemaintained in VV31?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi martin

As the transmission medium is External Send (transmission medium 5) , then once you enter the transmission medium and the partner function PY , then you can click on the e-mail option ,there you can enter the e-mail address

Regards

Srinath

Edited by: sri nath on Nov 20, 2008 7:58 PM