cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception raised on PDA only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm developing with NWDS (DB2e 8.24 and MI 7.0 SP15) in order to enhance the MSR application. I created new classes in order to check if the customer's email address typed by the user is correct. After that, on my desktop my enhanced MSR application works fine but if I deploy the same on a PDA the following message error appears:

Error 500

Internal Server Error:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/mbs/msr/customer/control/CustomerEdit at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass() at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal() at com.sap.mbs.core.control.ViewInfoImpl.createController() at com.sap.mbs.core.control.ViewInfoImpl.getController() at com.sap.mbs.core.control.DefaultStateMachine.process() at com.sap.mbs.core.web.FrontServlet.doHandleEvent() at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doGetNotThreadSafe() at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doGet() at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service() at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.service() at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service() at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService() at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service() at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service() at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService() at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service() at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection() at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt() at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run() at java.lang.Thread.run()Any idea why the exception raises on the PDA only or what this error means?

Thanks in advance.

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

two things:

first of all compile the version with JDK1.1.8. You most likely have used a command not available in 1.1.8, but your MI runs on Creme and Creme is 1.1.8. Well, you can compile the WAR file with any JDK you like and as long as you have not used any commands from Creme 1.3 or later, that works fine.

Second you should precompile the JSP files for PDA usage, cause PDA can not compile JSP files by its own.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

thanks you for your useful reply. Now, in NWDS preferences I set "Compiler compliance level" to 1.4 (because I'm working with JDK 1.4.17 but I have also JDK 1.1.8 installed on my PC) and "Generated .class files compatibility" to 1.1. Is it enough? I have to make other settings?

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

well, in PREFERENCES/JAVA/INSTALLED JREs I have JDK1.1.8 as well. There I just set this as default JDK, let compile ecliipse the complete project again and fix any open issues. Once there are no issues left, I switch it back to 1.5 and work as usual. Even the compilation of WAR I do after I have switched back. That is all I do.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Oliver

[www.placeworkers.com]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

There were in fact some problems that I found compiling with JDK 1.1.8. I just fixed them and now the application works fine also on my PDA.

Thank you very much!

Maria

Answers (0)