cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extra validation in BBP_DOC__CHECK_BADI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have experience in srm , I work in R/3 side.

My requirement is when a shopping cart is created I need to validate a field based on a value in R/3.

After some research I found the BADI used for validations(BBP_DOC__CHECK_BADI) .

I guess which in turn calls BBP4X_CODINGBLOCK_CHECK_47A.

I searched for the exits , badi 's in this RFC , but didn't find one.

Can any one help in this ?

Any help is apprciated?

Rhea.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For sample code of the badi,refre this link:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI-CheckPurchasingDocument.

Also pls explain data you need to fetch from R/3.You can always use META function modules to fetch data from any external system.

See these related threadS:

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Let me give clear idea of the requirement .

I have to validate Asset acquisition date(Asset value date of the first posting) with the currect fiscal year.

Option1.

Better if it is done at srm side .

Does the Asset value date of the first posting(anla-zugdt) will be available in BBP_DOC__CHECK_BADI ?

Option2.

As I said find the exit in that Check FM and return a message.(with no extra call to R/3 as it impacts the performance) I can create a RFC with this validation which takes Asset no from srm and does this validation. WE DON'T WANT TO ADAPT THIS ONE.

Any suggestions?

Rhea.

Edited by: rhea on Nov 20, 2008 4:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the CHECK badi,you will can get the Asset number for the SC using the FM "BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL".

Then you can make an RFC call to R/3 using the FM's AMBU_ASSET_READ_FOR_POSTING/AM_ASSET_READ_FOR_POSTING pasing the asset number and get the posting date.

These FM's are not RFC enabled however you can build your custom FM's on similar lines.

Hope this helps.

BR,

Disha.

P.S. IF the answers are helpful,dont forget to say THANKS the SDN way!