cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Templates for PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to know all the master data that will be used in PS point of view. If there's a master data for work center in PP, can we use the same in PS? Or we need to create a new One for PS?

Please tell me the same for getting the templates done through ABAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Kabir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kabir,

As per my knowledge....Workcenter and templates are the master data of PS .

This thread will explain you.

If u are satisfied,u can close the thread.

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandrasai,

Thank you for the reply.

I understand workcenter is one of the master datas for PS. When i drill down the Basic Data of PS menu, i find workcenter, Statistical Key Figures, Material, Equipment and PRTs as Master data.

I hope based on our scenario requirements, we can choose & use the above masters. Regarding the templates which you mentioned, is it the templates masters for Standard WBS & Networks?

Please check & confirm on the above for me to make the necessary templates available for uploading the master data.

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kabir,

Standard WBS and Standard Network are all master data.

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear kabir,

what happend.......if u are satisfied then plz close the thread.

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandrasai,

Thank you for the replies. I wanted to know what kind of masterdata templates do i have to ask my ABAPers to make available. Does it included Std. WBS and network templates including the work center templates ?

Please advise.

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

master data are those data that are stored in system that are used repetitively (or for future use).

example are: Standard Projects (Templates etc..)

Std Templates u can create.(WBS..NETWORK)

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I appreciate your response. This is my 1st implementation project. I understand that we can create Std Templates for WBS and Networks. But is it a necessity that i have to ask my ABAPers to create templates for uploading the master data including work centers.

I hope we can create the templates by ourselves in PS. When is the necessity for PS consultants, to request for templates[for uploading master data from client] from ABAPers.?

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kabir,

you can use the same master data templates for Work Centres as in PP Module.

In templates it is up to you to decide which fields like Formula...etc ..of work centre you should take depending upon your requirement.

These data then can be uploaded through BDCs created by ABAPER.

Rgds,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered...