cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while creating Local DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a problem while creating a Local DC(The DC is already existed in the track).

Local DC was created but I am unable to see the component which are existed in the DC.

Please help me reharding this.

Thanks,

Archana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you still facing the same .dcdef issue then try changing the .dtc folder which is used for Project creation from tracks.

But before changing the path, you have to remove all imported configurations from NWDI. Create new older anywhere on ur machine and copy the "Local Development" folder from your old .dtc folder to your new folder. name of the folder doesnt matter. Now go to Preferences of your NWDS and then expand JDI and click on Development Configuration Pool. There you can change the path of your .dtc folder.

Now try creating your project again. Hope it works as i also resolved this same issue by this way only.

Reply me the results

Thanks & Regards,

Mandeep

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before creating a project from track into local nwds

R click on the DC in the track, click "SYNC..." to sync it. then Right click and select "Create Project".

this will create a project in you local NWDS system.

PradeeP

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you are creating a local dc then how can it be available in the track... are you tryin to create a DC in NWDI???

If yes please check if that DC is available in the Track... by goin to Development Config Perspective and the track where you are creating...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

Thnaks for your Reply.

I am working in NWDI environemt and the DC is already existed in the track.

Now I have created project which is already there in the track.

The problem is, I am unable to see the Component and views which was there in the DC.

Thanks,

Archana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Please check the following with your DC that exists on the track:

1. Switch to the DTR prespective, expand the SWC till your DC and check if the component related files are seen in the SRC folder and if they are not local.

2. You can also check if the previous activity that created the component in the DC was checked-in properly i.e successfully. Without that it will not be possile for anybody to see those components and views.

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pandy,

Thanks for your reply.

I cheked in SRC folder and the DC is properly checked in.

Can you please suggest me is there anyway to recreate the project.

Thanks,

Archana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Did you create the dependant DC's also? if not create them and perform DC build.

If the problem still persists, try deleting the project and recreate again.

1. R.Click on the DC and select "Remove from client".

2. After this, make sure that contents are deleted from file system also. [If not delete manually].

3. Create the project from the track.

4. Perfrom DC Build on the DC.

You can try R.Click on webdynpro project and do Reload Project also.

Regards,

VJR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Still I am facing thes ame problem.

It is saying that .bcdef file is missing.

Please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks,

Archana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Looks like .dcdef file was not created when you were creating project.

Try deleting the project and recreating from the track.

Even we faced the same problem while creating the project from track. We resolved by deleting the project and recreating it. Some times you need to try more than twice.

Note: Delete the project from file system also before recreating the project again.

Regards,

VJR.