cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSDL Document/ literal is supported in PI 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to consume a web service and when use it external definition (wsdl) to create my message mapping, only one field appears with the same name of the operation/method. I checked the WSDL and this element is defined as a literal type, e.g. <soap:body use="literal" />.

I googled and I found that Today is the recommended way to develop web services. So, maybe PI 7.1 supported this convention, however I don't know how to create my graphical mapping and map the fields with this kind of wsdl elements.

Anyone knows how to do it? in case it not supported, any workaround is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Jorge.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using this with "parts" option in wsdl? If yes, then this option is supported only for certain scenarios like java proxies.

Here is the list wherein you may find the supported tags for PI 7.1

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00a9a425-1769-2a10-9196-bd8eeed7...

however I don't know how to create my graphical mapping and map the fields with this kind of wsdl elements.

You may import the wsdl under External Definition in IR and use it in mapping. The usage in mapping would be same. Literal type document won't affect mapping as it is not related to the schema, rather it is related to the bindings.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Yes, my wsdl it was imported as external definition and the wsdl contains the element part name="<operation name>".

Based on the document you sent, only for Java proxies this kind of element is not supported. It means that PI 7.1 doesn't support it? If so which alternatives do we have to consume this kind of web services?

Regarding graphical mapping how can I map the fields coming from ERP as I only have one field as target generated from this wsdl?

Thanks,

Jorge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it, to work with literals in the wsdl I need to bind the xsd to my wsdl. At my xsd source field of External Definition object I have to write the reference that is in my wsdl at the tab External References, e.g. ../xsd/<file name>.xsd

Edited by: Jorge Cunha on Nov 20, 2008 5:53 PM