cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource related billing??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Pls explain me the concept of resource related billing, in what kind of business scenario do we use it? and what are the settings required to use it?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Steps to be followed:

1) Configure DIP Profile (T.code ODP1)

2) Specify the usage - Billing & Result Analysis (RRB)

(ii) Request Quotation (Sales Pricing)

3) Specify - Sales Document Type (PS2)

(ii) SD Doc Type CMR

4) In Sales Order Type --> Sales Order Category - "L" (Debit Memo Request)

5) Document Pricing Procedure --> PS (Customer Project)

6) Select the billing usage and click on characterstics. eg--> Activity Type

7) Then define sources. Select "Actual Cost" as we use actual cost for RRB. Define%

😎 Sources --> Selection Criteria: This would display all characterstics. Now in Activity Type --> Mention the activity type

9) If more activity type are being used then create set of activity type using T.code GS01

10) Material Determination --> Initially create material with "Material Type = Service"

11) The service material should be mentioned in the material determination

12) Criteria -- In criteria allocate the activity type for the specific material. (We can also use cost element, cost center, which we have defined in characterstics)

13) Create Project (T.code CJ20N)

14) Create Sales Order (T.code VA01)

15) Book CATS

16) Execute DP91 to view Sales Pricing

Thanks

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

When we r estimating projects and coustomer is asking for estimate and the cost related to some activites that r not able to plane at the time of starting of project as we do't know how much that activitiy with cost when project will execute,some external activities and the resource related .we can make the cost estimation by this resourse related billing.

We can config it by DP81 and select the resource related billing and determine material and other parameters.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra

Thanks for ur reply, but i would also like to know the customization settings required to ure rrb?

thanks in advance..

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For RRB, you need to maintain DIP profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Contact me on the credentials mentioned in my profile. Will send you the document for the configuration settings of RRB.

Regards,

Gokul

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

concept of rrb is time and metarils plus mark up

if you use resources to do work, how much to bill based on the resources consumption - here the resources could be time and material

this is used for a revenue project where the contract trerms are time and materila plus mark up

alternatively this can be used for scenario whre to fulfill a revenue project i get some work done by another part of my organisation and pay them time and material for there effort

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is Mark up? What r the differences in usual billing and RRB in relation to PS?

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Since static billing is not longer available, you must make a conversion, if necessary.

Periodic billing is used when you want to bill the customer at different points of time based on the periodicity or progress of the work.

Milestone billing can be used for this type of billing purposes when you want to have billing control from the project.

Resource billing is based on the resource consumption for the particular activities. Dynamic Item Processor (DIP) profile is used for the resource related billing.

Hope u will understand.

Regards,

ANSAR

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mark up is profit margin

usual billing is fixed price

with RRB you can do time and material and ixed price