cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup in VC 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm new to Visual Composer and I'm learning with the SAP guides. In them it is very clearly explained how to create a popup iview but I'm just not getting the option from the contextual menu.

I do everything it says, I insert a form with a push button and a custom event, but when I use the out port of the form I just get options to "add form view", "signal out", "navigate to", "endpoint" and "data user store". There's no option to open a popup as stated in the guide.

Have you any idea of why is this happening? BTW my netwaver version is 2004s sp10 while the guide is for sp12.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think you are using web dyn pro environment

change to flash environment

by select tool-> options menu

in that select compiler tab

set runtime = flash

and save now you try fro pop up

Regards

Srinivas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I'm using the Web Dynpro environment but that's the final enviroment in which the application should run so I think that's mandatory. Anyway my problem is due to a lack of the option in the contextual menu of the workbench itself and I guess that has little to do with the environment for which I'm compiling and deploying the model, (or am I completely wrong?).

I tried however and it didn't work either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought I could only use Web Dynpro environment to run the application in the portal but I see I was wrong. I've compiled and run the model using flex environment without problems so thanks for opening my eyes for this

My initial question is still unanswered though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would get the option of a pop-up if you have selected falsh compiler under Tools>Option>Compiler and if its webdynpro you won't get the option for pop-ups.

So, change the compiler to flash and you will get the option you are looking for.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

You were both right though I tried yesterday and didn't seem to work, but today it works fine.

Thank you, points awarded.