cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming web service with with a custom class parameter in web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a web service. It is tested an it runs fine. The webservice is retrieving and returning Data Transfer Objects (POJOS). I have made the model-context binding, then the view controller - component controller binding with the input parameters for one method of the web service.

In an input field I have set the value to a attribute of the DTO. (This appears: Request_CreateProductGroup.CreateProductGroup.ProductGroupDTO.CompText)

When I run the Application I get following error:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.base.exception.BaseModelRuntimeException: No object for mandatory target role 'ProductGroupDTO' of model class 'CreateProductGroup' with cardinality '1' maintained

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.base.model.BaseGenericModelClass.getRelatedModelObject(BaseGenericModelClass.java:392)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.gci.WSTypedModelClass.getRelatedModelObject(WSTypedModelClass.java:77)
    at com.asstec.ticketingsystem.models.CreateProductGroup.getProductGroupDTO(CreateProductGroup.java:46)
    at com.asstec.ticketingsystem.components.wdp.IPublicProductGroupService$IProductGroupDTONode.doSupplyElements(IPublicProductGroupService.java:549)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Node.supplyElements(Node.java:406)
    ... 71 more

I dont have any idea what is wrong. I´ve added the jar with the classes to the java build path as well as to project references.

Please help me.

Regards

Flo

Edited by: Florian Schäuble on Nov 20, 2008 12:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

did you get your issue solved already?

I yes, could you pleae post your solution?

Thank you in advance and kind regards, Patrick.