cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDMLink interface with SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to interface PTC Windchill PDMLink with SAP 6.0. We are considering multiple options of interfaces, where XI is the one. Any one worked on this scenario?

If any one worked on this scenario, kindly help me to assess the possible challenges of this project.

<removed_by_moderator>

We have come accross one middleware named PDM connector. If you have any information on this, please help me to understand this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

were you able to acheive this?

I have a similar requirement if you can share how you handled Windchill PLM integration with SAP

former_member422122
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Has anyone tried this adapter in your project ?

This seems to be a certified atapter for NetWeaver PI, and I'm interested in the feedback on this...

"PLM Integrator for Windchill PDM Link

Process integration of PLM system "

[PLM Integrator for Windchill PDM Link|http://www.sebringsoft.com/images/PLM_WindChill_Integrator.pdf]

Edited by: hydrogen on May 19, 2010 1:38 PM

Edited by: hydrogen on May 19, 2010 1:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Did you get some more information on this?? can you please share?

Thanx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satish

Using SAP XI for this integration is not straight forward. As it depends on how PTC deliver messages. It use to be in complex form (more than one type of message) and non xml types.

If you wish to use SAP XI for this integration then you have to look for

1. Adapter module development for SAP XI.

2. Use BPM to split messages

3. ABAP proxy at SAP 6.0.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gourav for your valuable insights. Your inputs are considered while selecting the middleware.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

Glad that above information is useful for you. But my suggestion is to look for Exact requirement as well before selecting the middle ware. While selecting you may come accross to generic cases but in real time you may face more challenges then expected. So when realization phase is over you should have a proper implementation plan.

Thanks

Gaurav