cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML processing conform to Certification of Third-Party XI-Adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are developing a XI-Adapter which needs xml processing. Actually we use some xml tools to process xml document, but we read in the document named NW_XI_AF_certification_catalog_2.0.pdf that some requirement are not met, such as

1. If the adapter must be able to parse XML documents, do you use the SAP J2EE XML parser libraries?

the answer is no, we use jdom and other ways to handle xml.

QA1: Is it a must and only way to use SAP J2EE XML parser libraries if want to pass the certification

QA2: The topic named "Using DOM4J in XI - A More Sophisticated Option for XML Processing than SAP XML Toolkit" available at /people/amjad-ali.khoja/blog/2006/02/07/using-dom4j-in-xi--a-more-sophisticated-option-for-xml-processing-than-sap-xml-toolkit

If do as the passage shows, will the adapter pass the certification

QA3: Now we package all the tools we use in the sda package and deploy on the SDM, and it works too, what is the difference between package the util tools for process xml(*.jar) in sda and copy them to the corresponding j2ee dir and bin dir as shown in the passage listed

Message was edited by: mints yang

Message was edited by: mints yang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think an SAP man should answer here, but my common sense and SAP knowledge suggests me:

A1: yes, evidently

A2: the fact that DOM4J is quoted in a weblog doesn't mean it's officialy supported by SAP, it's just an option, just like Apache Xerces and others. You can use them in interface dev, it's up to you, but an Adapter is a completly different story: SAP wants to make sure it has full control over a Certified Adapter, and the only way to do that is to have full control on the additional libraries that this Adapter uses. SAP can have this control on SAP XML Toolkit, but not on DOM4J or Xerces, obviously.

A3: no difference, except that logically and pragmatically is much more convenient to package and deploy everyhting your stuff needs in order to work properly.

Regards,

Alex