Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way in using models & Increasing performance

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had some doubts in creation of model objects.

1.How many RFCs can a model object can contain?

2.I had a business senario where i had to use 4 Fm for performing a task.If i craete a single model object for this 4 Fun modules.Will it increase performance or else creating a model object for each fun module.will incresae the performance.

3.Are there any good docs in SDN for Best practices or performance increasing in creation and using of model objects.please do paste the links or anyone have any docs plz send me.

Thanks & Rgards,

Lokesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the link below

Effective Web Dynpro - Adaptive RFC Models

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/11c3b051-0401-0010-fe9a-9ea...

Regards,

ramesh

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI...

1.How many RFCs can a model object can contain?

SAP recommonds...

RFC Connection pools are specific to JCO Destination.

Therefore, all deployed applications using the same model object pointing to the same JCO destination will share the SAME CONNECTION POOL.

This fact defines both the scope of the connection management and determines the number of oncurrent application that may use the JCO destination.

A MODEL OBJECT SHOULD CONTAIN THOSE RFMS THAT SUPPLY THE FUNCTIONALITY OF EITHER A DISCRETE BUSINESS TASK OR SOME ATOMIC SUBSET OF THE BUSINESS TASK

-> HAVING ONE RFM PER MOEDL IS INEFFICIENT FROM A CONNECTION MANAGEMENT POINT OF VIEW.

-> HAVING ALL YOUR RFMS IN ONE BIG MODEL OBJECT IS INEFFICIENT FROM A REUSE POINT OF VIEW

2.I had a business senario where i had to use 4 Fm for performing a task.If i craete a single model object for this 4 Fun modules.Will it increase performance or else creating a model object for each fun module.will incresae the performance.

As above described if the RFMs supply the functionality for a single task then put it in one model

3.Are there any good docs in SDN for Best practices or performance increasing in creation and using of model objects.please do paste the links or anyone have any docs plz send me.

This is described in JA310 ( Web dynpro JAVA) book. you can download it from marketplace.

PradeeP