cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last data update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How I can find the last data update information(date and time) of multiprovider in BW?

Kindly help on this.

Regards

Mukul Singhal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try table RSDINFOPROVDATA.  This will give timestamp of the latest updates to the InfoProviders.

Kind regards,

Ross

Former Member
0 Kudos

We cannot find the last updated date of a multi-provider.. A multi-provider has various info providers such as a DSO, Cube etc

Our query may be triggered from the info-providers which actually have data. Right-Click the DATA TARGET, Click MANAGE, where you find the DATE and TIME adjacent to each REQUESTID, since it only shows last update time of infoproviders. 

Message was edited by: Arathy Dhandapani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our default web template created in Web Application Designer currently has a Last Data Update indicator that works with Infosets (it shows the update time of the DSO with the oldest load). I'm trying to find out what table this reads from. We basically want to utilize this functionality but change the target from the web template to a new application we're creating.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How I can find the last data update information(date and time) of multiprovider in BW?

Last data update of multiprovider ??? There isnt any data update to multiprovider its doesnot hold any data.

It just creates Union of data from your infoproviders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen, what I mean is last update for the cubes in the multiprovide.

When a query is run in web portal, Last data update is displayed blank.

How do I get this?

I think it is related to text elements SYUSEIT and also to 0REQID.

When I go to manage of the cube (which is incl in multiprovider on which reporting is happening), I can see the "request date and time" for a request Id.

This should be displayed as "Last data update " in the query.

What do you think Praveen?

Thanks and regards,

Mukul

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm

Assum you have three cubes in multiprovider :

Last update of cube1 is 11/17/2008

Last update of cube2 is 11/19/2008

Last udpate of cube3 is 11/20/2008.

Now in the multiprovider query output what should be your last update date ????

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should be for cube 3....and in the report it should come as Last data update : 11/20/2008.

With thanks and regards

Mukul

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No what I meant was how will the "text element" be able to determine which one to choose, thats y its blank I guess.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Actually this is what I dont know that how the "last data update" information is passed from BW to query run on web. Is it stored in some table in BW??

In one of my reports which is based on multiprovider containing 1 cube it is coming correctly, which is cube's last data load request id's date and time.

But in my other report based on other multiprovider containing standard cubes and planning cubes, the information is not getting displayed in report.

I thought that this request id's date and tine is not getting passed to the query.

Or there are some settings need to be done on multiprovider.

Or some settings in query designer for the report.

Kindly help on this.

Regards

Mukul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though this thread is old, I too am interested in finding the table that stores the last data update of a cube or DSO. We would like to use the same functionality as the last data update shown in BEx Web Analyzer but pass it to a custom-developed program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You can find this informatio in InfoCube "0TCT_VC11" which srores BI Statistcs, providing that you have activated BI Statistics in BW.

In IObject "0TCTBWOTYPE" (BI Object Type) choose value "ODSO". IObject 0TCTLSTLOAD shows the last load timestamp.

Regards,

former_member366279
Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me explain how the "last data update" works.

If the query is based on one cube or DSO, it is the time of the last request upload.

If the query is based on a multiprovider, like the example given ealier,

assume there are three cubes in multiprovider : 

Last udpate of cube3 is 11/20/2008.

The "last data update" will be the earliest day of the "last data update"s of all partproviders, i.e.11/17/2008.

Because the meaning of "last data update" is that, data (of all partproviders) has been already updated until this time.

Now we assume there are three cubes like this in multiprovider :

Cube3 is empty. It has never been loaded with any request.

Then the "last data update" will be empty. Because until no time has all partproviders been updated. This is the design of the system.

Regards,

Patricia