cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM OR API AND NEED OF XI 3.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

My client has SRM,SCM,APO. can you justify why XI is needed for SRM or APO ? I was reading lot of documentation refering to use XI3.0?

if XI is required, can you name few interfaces that states the above ?

What was the technique used before XI 3.0 exists?

I really appreciate your thoughts?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar -

At least for SRM, I'll say a little. Back in the earlier versions at least (e.g. 3.0), in certain SRM business scenarios such a supplier integration (e.g. to SUS or external) or catalog content integration, XI was made mandatory. XI Content (mappings, message interfaces, message types, data types) was and is created by each respective business application group and made available for integration via XI.

The SRM (and I would imagine SCM) system, in the past and today, come delivered with XI proxies already generated in the system. If you go to SPROXY in an SRM system, you'll be able to see it, although it'll be greyed out until an XI connection is configured. Even so, you can drill into the generated ABAP classes.

Since many of the standard interfaces are implemented as proxies into and out of SRM, this at least is one reason to heavily favor the use of XI as the integration tool.

Back in the EBP only days, I believe Business Connector and MarketSet Connector was used.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply. for commn between srm-scm or srm-r/3, can it be done without xi now? or communication is only possible via xi? and also for ebp?

thanks

Message was edited by: kumar p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technically, of course, point-to-point integration, especially between two SAP systems can be done - traditional IDocs, RFCs/BAPIs, web services, and of course via custom development. I don't want to play with words, but what's officially supported by SAP for a given integration scenario is the other question. For SRM, at least, the Business Scenario configuration guides will let you know the standard scenarios. For more info and the location of such guides, you can check out the following link:

http://service.sap.com/ibc

Regards,

Jin

Answers (0)