cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAXINN SD For Excise Duty where to maintain TAX CODE in condition record?

Former Member
0 Kudos

is Tax code necessary for excise determination in TAXINN in SD Scenario? While maintaining condition record ( JEXP) for Excise access sequence JEXC doesnu2019t has Tax Code field Whereas for Sale Tax determination ( JCST/JLST) access sequence JLST /CST which has Tax code field . (In TAXINN we create Dummy tax code (blank))

is it true whatever I have written ? If yes then what is use of tax code where it triggers in FI Posting? Why we use only for Sale Tax not for Excise duty?

If u go to SAP Std condition type & access sequence provide for CIN in SD (TAXINN) While maintaining condition record ( JEXP) for Excise. Access sequence JEXC doesnu2019t has Tax Code field . do u think we should modify that create field for Tax code ..... Pl check in system & answer the question .......I hope u understand what i want to ask.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u will be creating your condition type, there you have condition category, condition calss etc.

These are the fields which controls and defines a condition type eg. discount/price/tax/etc

If you select the condition category as tax then tax code field becomes mandatory at the vk11 T.Code

So be careful while defining the condition types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Thanks for reply really it is great helpful,

So as per your reply there is no need to maintain tax code while creating condition record for excise duty in VK11. We define tax code for Sales tax only not for Excise duty u2026 right

Regards,

Nilesh Tarale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, Excise is not Tax its a Duty....

Excise gets added to your base price and the tax is calculated on the whole amount and not only the basic price.

Say if u r manufacturing a material and u r under excise regulations, then without paying excise duty you can't move the goods out of your premises, Here even before you sell the material to a customer the excise duty is paid from you. But when u will be selling the material to a customer, the customer is charged the excise duty which gets added to the net value and then the sales tax is calculated.

If u see a sale order condition tab page, there are two fields

1. Net Value 2. Tax

Net value is the value which includes the excise duty and the tax is only the CST/LST/VAT.

Regards