cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement to create a table with multiple colums and multiple rows. Now, at the click of every row, the description about the product must be displayed below that row, but shouldn't hide the next row.

Ex: Say I have 5 columns (Col1 to Col5) and 4 rows(Row1 to Row4), when I click on Row1, it should expand as follows:

Col1 | Col2 | Col3 | Col4 | Col5

Row1

|-This Product's Number is UT-113

Row2

Row3

Row4

There should be no column breaks in the product description row. It should be displayed as one single row.

Hope you get the idea.

Thanks

Jack

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here's the link to the documentation of the TablePopin in Web Dynpro ABAP:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/23/5e9041d3c72e7be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

A TablePopin can be either a row popin or a cell popin.

Regards, Heidi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jack,

If neither NW04s (see Armin's post) nor WDA (see Heidi's answer) is an option, I can describe what we have done in one component.

Actually, we split corresponding node up to 2 nodes: first shows rows from 0 to current of "logical" node, second shows items from current + 1 to last.

On UI we create row layout with Table for first "head" node, transparent container for pop-in emulation and second table for "tail" node. First table has header, second has no header. Both tables has footer switched off, and configured to display all elements from corresponding nodes (with some extra effort it is possible to emulate true pagination, however)

All elements of pseudo pop-in is bound to first node.

Both tables have same onLeadSelect action handler. This handler re-populates "head" and "tail" nodes according to current element divider. If last row selected, second table's visibility is set to WDVisibility.NONE.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone.

Is the pop in feature available for WebDynpro for Java too??

VS: Thanks. I'll try that out if pop in is not available for Java.

Jack

Message was edited by: jack b

Former Member
0 Kudos

This feature is called "table popin" and is available with NW04s, not in NW04.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jack,

I think it is not possible to do that within the same table. However, you can put another table (Table 2 with one column <i>description</i> with table cell editor as TextView) to the right of the Table 1 and populate the required description in the Table 2 on click of every row in Table 1.

Bala