cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portal issue - cannot select values from pop up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is shopping cart creation screen on the portal.

There is look up link for a field which gives list of all possible values

The list of values is displayed but we cannot select the value to populate the field

The values are seen as simple list instead of hyperlinks which we can click to make selection

There is another field on the same screen for which the look up values pop up shows list of values which are hyperlinks, they can be clicked and the field is populated with the value that is clicked.

Should we check the web dynpro component for the code of the search help of field ?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rita,

Actually the question is not very clear. Can you please send the complete details. I am quite confused with the question.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Pravesh,

there is a portal called My Purchase portal

we create shopping cart here.

while creating shopping cart, there are two fields - 'goods receipient' and 'location'

there is search help for both the fields.

search help meaning there is a small binaculors icon on the right of each field and on clicking it there is a pop up where list of values is seen.

for the field 'location', all these values are 'selectable' means all the values look like hyperlink which we can click. and when we click on any one value it gets selected , pop closes and the field is populated with the value which we clicked.

for the field 'good reciepient', when we click on binaculors icon, the pop up with list of values is seen but these values are not in form of links which we can click . simple list is seen. so the user has to close the pop and manually type the value he want in the field.

this is the problem, the values in the pop up of goods receipient field are not selectable

this issue is not seen in the standard bbp link of the system. But in this portal which is called my purchase portal, such an issue is seen.

where should I start with ? there is no use looking at the coding of web dynpro component right ? this is a portal issue.

thanks

r

Edited by: rita c on Nov 20, 2008 12:34 PM

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rita,

Can you post the code which is called when you click on the 'good recipient' Value help. I want to see what kind of screen is popped up?

Is this pop-up which comes up is a view designed by you, or its a simple EVS, OVS, SVS.

Also let me know whether this application is a pure webdynpro application or its a Portal Application.

Thanks and Regards

Pravesh

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

Could you please tell me how do we know whether it is EVS, OVS or SVS ?

Also how do i find out if its pure web dynpro application or portal application ?

I will post the code in some time.

thank you very much

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

kindly help me as I am really in need of some support.

thank you

r