cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS group entry for an SMLG group

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Right now we include the sapmsSID 3600/tcp in users "services" file so I can have them log in through a UserGroup. My network manager would like to automate the process but we weren't able to create a DNS entry, and we're not sure of the syntax.. We're almost stuck so pleaaase help!

Thank you,

Samer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create that entry sapmsSID in services file of each host on the network where sap gui install.

it's not possible to create DNS entry for that , DNS is use for domain name resolution with corresponding ip address.

so create one services file with your logon group system entry and distribute it to each host.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kaushal,

great thanks, but one question so i'll have it %100 clarified. By host do you mean my DNS hosts? Or my SAP hosts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i just looked in my SAP servers and saw that the sapmsQAS 3600/tcp is already in their services file. So I take it you think I should add it to the DNS's services file..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mix things up.

DNS has nothing to do with the services file.

DNS is used to resolve IP addresses from hostnames.

The services file is to resolve TCP/IP port numbers from services names.

You need to distribute an etc/services file on each PC using sapgui.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver,

That's what how we have it now, but we just thought there might be a way to automate the process. But I guess there's no way..

Thanks anyway..

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use the SAPGUI installation server there is a way of distributing those (we're doing that and it works):

1035560 - Customizing SAP GUI 710 Installation

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

awesome note! i'll look at the procedure and get back to you guys. Thanks much!