cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Transfer to R/3 in Daily/Weekly buckets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 2 planning areas in DP - Weekly and daily planning area. For the first 3 weeks, the forecast will be transferred to R/3 in daily buckets and for the remaining 2 weeks, the forecast will be transferred in weekly buckets. I have created 2 separate transfer profiles - one for daily transfer from the daily planning book and another one for weekly transfer from weekly planning book. When I run the forecast transfer from the daily planning book for the first 3 weeks, the forecast gets successfully transferred to R/3 Demand management. But, when I run the forecast transfer from the weekly planning book for Weeks 4 & 5, the forecast gets released successfully although it overwrites the previous forecast in daily buckets. Please bear in mind that the time periods for daily and weekly transfer are different. The same thing happens if I run the weekly transfer first and then do the daily transfer. For another location, we release the forecast to SNP in the same way and it works fine. Does anyone has any clues about this situation? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another reason that your daily forecast is wiping out your weekly forecast is that you are likely transferring both forecasts to the same version in SAP (i.e. the "Version" field in MC8U). An option here would be to create a separate version and transfer profile for the weekly transfer.

Sean Mawhorter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The following are the planning book/data views that I am using to transfer forecast

Planning book2: Background Daily Planning book

Dataview2: Daily Forecast Transfer View

Time bucket profile: 21 days

Transfer profile: Daily Transfer profile (Released to active version A)

Activity: Daily Transfer Activity

Job: Daily Transfer Job (based on planing book2 and data view2)

Planning book1: Background Weekly Planning book

Dataview1: Weekly Forecast Transfer View (Offset field is set to 3 so that forecast could be transferred to weeks 4 & 5.

Time bucket profile: 2Weeks

Transfer profile: Weekly Transfer profile (Released to active version A)

Activity: Weekly Transfer Activity

Job:Weekly Transfer Job ( based on planing book1 and data view1)

Yes, I am transferring both the daily and weekly forecast to the same active version, but different time horizons. So, in order to do this, do I need to transfer to 2 different active versions. If this is the case, can DRP be able to use forecast from 2 active versions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you created a data view in APO with planning bucket profile of only one periodicity. If you have multiple periodicities the transfer does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a background view for the forecast transfer separately for weekly and daily with just one time period. If I had mixed periodicities, the background job itself will not run, which is not the problem here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

it is true that the data view used for transfer to R/3 does not support multiple periodicities.

What I want to make sure is Does your data views you use for the release job overlap?

You said you created seperate transfer profiles but you have also use different data views for which your jobs need to be different.

Example:

Dataview1: first 3 weeks in days

Release profile: 3wkdays

Activity: 3wkdays2R3

Tranfer job:3wkdays2R3 ( based on planing bookA and data view1)

Dataview2: weeks 4 and 5 in weeks

Release profile: 4-5wks

Activity: 4-5wks2R3

Tranfer job:4-5wks ( based on planing bookA and data view2)

If you observe you are using two seperate data views with out overlap.

Please let me know if you are following the same procedure.