cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving ocasional error while req. for risk ana. in Role creat. from ERM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I require help in creating role from ERM. I have defined all the required fiels for the role creation and defined the methodology. while creating a role i am facing a strange problem, it passess the risk analysis pahse and generates the report for Risk Analysis but most of the time when I try to get the risk analysis done it gives the error:

Risk analysis failed; Cannot assign a java.lang.String object of length 73 to host variable 6 which has JDBC type VARCHAR(15).

More over when the roles are in the approval queue (after occasional risk analysis report is generated from ERM) for the approver to approve in the CUP it fails and gives the error:

Error processing your request, Request no: 14 in stage : RE_CREATE_ROLE which is the stage name in the workflow.

Thannking you in advance.

Abhimanu Singh

Edited by: Abhimanu Singh on Nov 19, 2008 11:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhimanu,

Make sure you have configured Exit services for ERM/RE in CUP/AE @

Configuration > Miscellaneous .

configure the exit webservice for column corresponding for ERM .

thanks

Jasmine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmine,

Everything is well defined based on the Configuration guida and SAP Articles. It work fine when there is no Risk associated with the Roles and throws error only when the role has potential Risks wich has to be mitigated.

Please let me know if you have successfully configured the complete features of GRC AC 5.3 so that I can take some more more help on other topics.

thanks,

Abhimanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhimanu,

Yes i have setup 5.3 successfully with issues.

For your probem

Kindly reduce the length of your mitigation control id .

it should help . The table is not able save the value 73 where allowed length is 15.

As troubleshooting tip , try to run risk analysis for this role in RAR , see how it behaves .

Thanks

Jasmine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmine,

Thank you for your reply, the role gives the risks as desired in RAR but fails in ERM and reason behind this is the memory space for sure but do not known which memory space it refers to.

I will try with your option and create some MC with defined length of character.

If you get some time, I want to discuss some thing in CUP as well related to Risk Analysis.

A. Applying Mitigation Control from CUP to the risks during Risk Analysis

B. PFCG Popup screen in ERM for maintaining Role in PFCG

C. SoD Report and FF ID Owner display on the SoD Report and Log Report from SPM Java when privisioned from CUP.

Also what do you mean by With issues

Thanks,

Abhimanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

sure , you can ask me specific question on these areas . I would be more then happy to help.

Please elaborate your question or create new thread to avoid confusion to others looking into this thread.

Thanks

Jasmine

And with issues means , there were alot of errors but i managed to resolve them .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

for the error "Risk analysis failed; Cannot assign a java.lang.String object of length 73 to host variable 6 which has JDBC type VARCHAR(15)" I had to import the CC_Messages.txt in RAR again and do a restart. The risk levels in RAR were messed up, that is where the error came from.

Kind regards,

R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R,

Thank you for the solution, I am encountering the similar problem with my confifuration and could see that the similar issue in my RAR level message. Since you are able to fix it may I request you to reply with the correct CC error message text file.

I would also request you to provide me with the xml file for CUP:

AE_init_append_data.xml which is required for the Mitigation of the Risks generated from the Risk Anallysis in CUP. This is since I am not able to select the Risk to apply the MCs from CUP.

Thanks,

Abhimanu Kumar Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhimanu,

you can download these files directly from the Service Marketplace, even without Solution Manager involvement. They are in the GRC AC Text File package.

Kind regards,

R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R,

Thank you Dear,

It worked like a charm.

Thanks,

Abhimanu Kumar Singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,m

I am receiving a similar error. Was a resolution determined?

2008-11-24 19:50:40,888 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_36] ERROR com.virsa.re.role.actions.RiskAnalysisAction

java.lang.Throwable: Cannot assign a java.lang.String object of length 73 to host variable 6 which has JDBC type VARCHAR(15).

at com.virsa.re.bo.impl.RiskAnalysisBO.saveTranViolations(RiskAnalysisBO.java:548)

at com.virsa.re.bo.impl.RiskAnalysisBO.performTranLvlRiskAnalysis(RiskAnalysisBO.java:485)

at com.virsa.re.bo.impl.RiskAnalysisBO.performRiskAnalysisOnSystem(RiskAnalysisBO.java:171)

at com.virsa.re.role.actions.RiskAnalysisAction.performAndShowRiskAnalysis(RiskAnalysisAction.java:1363)

at com.virsa.re.role.actions.RiskAnalysisAction.execute(RiskAnalysisAction.java:101)

at com.virsa.framework.NavigationEngine.execute(NavigationEngine.java:270)

at com.virsa.framework.servlet.VFrameworkServlet.service(VFrameworkServlet.java:230)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.runServlet(FilterChainImpl.java:117)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:62)

at com.virsa.comp.history.filter.HistoryFilter.doFilter(HistoryFilter.java:43)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:58)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:384)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:386)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:364)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:1039)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:265)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:175)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:102)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:172)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhimanu,

Without seeing the configuration it is very difficult to identify why error is coming at RISK ANALYSIS and APPROVAL step in process.

For GRC Access Controls integration follows this document: - https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e03cd86c-3aa7-2a10-1aa6-e845902f...

This document helps you a lot.

Regards,

Jagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagat,

Thanks for the information but it does not resolves my problem. I have the standard configuration done in ERM and I am working on the GRC AC V 5.3. The file you send is for 5.2 , and is not sufficient to answer.

The error I am receiving is at the two end:

A. The risk analysis for the role being created fails and gives the error:

Risk analysis failed; Cannot assign a java.lang.String object of length 73 to host variable 6 which has JDBC type VARCHAR(15)

To add more this is the error coming

java.lang.Throwable: Cannot assign a java.lang.String object of length 73 to host variable 6 which has JDBC type VARCHAR(15).

at com.virsa.re.bo.impl.RiskAnalysisBO.saveTranViolations(RiskAnalysisBO.java:548)

at com.virsa.re.bo.impl.RiskAnalysisBO.performTranLvlRiskAnalysis(RiskAnalysisBO.java:485)

at com.virsa.re.bo.impl.RiskAnalysisBO.performRiskAnalysisOnSystem(RiskAnalysisBO.java:171)

at com.virsa.re.role.actions.RiskAnalysisAction.performAndShowRiskAnalysis(RiskAnalysisAction.java:1363)

at com.virsa.re.role.actions.RiskAnalysisAction.execute(RiskAnalysisAction.java:101)

at com.virsa.framework.NavigationEngine.execute(NavigationEngine.java:270)

at com.virsa.framework.servlet.VFrameworkServlet.service(VFrameworkServlet.java:230)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.runServlet(FilterChainImpl.java:117)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:62)

at com.virsa.comp.history.filter.HistoryFilter.doFilter(HistoryFilter.java:43)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:58)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:384)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:386)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:364)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:1039)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:265)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:175)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:219)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:102)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:172)

B. Occasionally when the risk analysis is done in the methodology steps, this still is not getting the correct report, since the role I am creating is having conflicts and should be shown in the report.

C. When this occasional risk analysis is done and the role goes to CUP for approval and when the approver tries to approve the error we receive is:

Error processing your request, Request no: 30 in stage : RE_CREATE_ROLE_APPR_TEST.

Hope this will make my problem defined in better way.

Thanking you in advance.

Thanks

Abhimanu Singh

Edited by: Abhimanu Singh on Nov 20, 2008 6:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagat,

Did you reached to some solution for the error we are receiving while doing the Risk analysis from ERM.

It is still giving error for me when I try creating the role with the risks.It has two results for two conditions:

A. It is working fine when there is no risks in the role and gives message that Risk analysis done successfully and I am able to create the role.

B. It is failing at the risk analysis phase when I am trying to create the role with risks, when I try to get the Risk analysis report it gives the error:

Risk analysis failed; Cannot assign a java.lang.String object of length 73 to host variable 6 which has JDBC type VARCHAR(15)

Thanks,

Abhimanu Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhimanyu

Please check the following:

1. Default rule set must be defined in the Configuration settings in RAR

2. Default level of risk analysis specified in configuration tab of RAR should match the default level of risk analysis specified in ERM.

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

I tried with your solution , it is still unresolved. It must be working for all but not for meand am not able to determine the reasons for the tasks failure for me.

I am able to create a simple role which is not having conflicts and comes with the statement Risk not found message. It is generated after the stages are covered from ERM to RAR to ERM to CUP to ERM.

It is failing only when I am creating a role with Conflicts and try to submit for Risk Analysis from RAR. This stops here and I am not able to generate the role.

Top of that I could not get the pop up screen for Authorization Maintenance of roles from PFCG from ERM, which should come while trying to maintain the authorization data from ERM.

Thanks,

Abhimanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhimanu

Can you please let me know the following:

1. Values you have specified in the ERM Configuration Tab (Miscellaneous) under the following

a) "Web Service info. for CC Risk Analysis"

b) "Analysis Type"

1. Values you have specified in the RAR Configuration Tab (Risk analysis - default values) under the following

a) "Default report type for risk analysis"

b) "default rule set for risk analysis"

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

Please find the detail below:

1. Values you have specified in the ERM Configuration Tab (Miscellaneous) under the following

a) "Web Service info. for CC Risk Analysis" :

I have used the radio button with the value: Do not use Web Service; CC deployed on the same server. This do not require web services according to my understanding,please comment on this for solution.

b) "Analysis Type"

It is defined: Object

1. Values you have specified in the RAR Configuration Tab (Risk analysis - default values) under the following

a) "Default report type for risk analysis":

It is defined: Permission Level

b) "default rule set for risk analysis" :

It is Defined: Global

Hi agian,

My problem is still unresolved:

Did you reached to some solution for the error we are receiving while doing the Risk analysis from ERM.

It is still giving error for me when I try creating the role with the risks.It has two results for two conditions:

A. It is working fine when there is no risks in the role and gives message that Risk analysis done successfully and I am able to create the role.

B. It is failing at the risk analysis phase when I am trying to create the role with risks, when I try to get the Risk analysis report it gives the error:

Surprisingly I am finding the problem only when there is risks in the role else for roles with no risk it is working fine.

Thanks,

Abhimanyu

Edited by: Abhimanu Singh on Jan 13, 2009 7:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

did anybody find the solution for this issue?

Kind regards,

R