cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extarl Definition References

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an XSD which has lot of Exteral references. When i am trying to import and use them in the Message Interfaces, its showing many dats types as red/missing because those are present in the refernced xsd. I imported them too, but it didn't worked.

What is the solution to make it work?

Thanks

-Kulwant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe you just didn't import then correctly (without specifying the references)

I'd say this might be the issue as I've seen it quite commonly

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

In the references tab, it shows some directory entries like "../CPA/address.xsd". Just importing these xsd will be sufficient? or something else is also needed?

Thanks

-Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

This is the logical next step to be done. Then there may be more unresolved references forcing you to import other resources.

Try it!

Regards,

Volker

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

For each imported external definition use tab "external references" to adjust the references. A very common issue also is that there is a mix of absolute and relative references as well as different path notations in the XSD files.

A few months ago I spent almost weeks to resolve all the issues popping up when importing several WSDL and XSD files for a complex scenario. And I also had to manually adjust the one or other external definition source file before importing it into XI/PI.

By the way: XI/PI is very "sensitive" concerning the syntax of WSDL and XSD files.

Regards,

Volker