cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating ABAP Proxy between business system and XI

asif_rahmetulla
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a question on the release of XI Add-on we need to install on the Business system side for activating ABAP Proxy. We are using XI 3.0 system and want to activate the ABAP Proxy between XI 3.0 system and the R3E system running on WAS 620 SP 45.

I read an excellent SDN Blog from Vijaya Kumari on how to activate the ABAP Proxy. It lists XI Add-on installation on the business system. The XI Add-on (SAPK-20006INAPPINT SP06) is what the XI 3.0 configuration guide refers to in OSS note 439915. Is there a newer XI Add-on to go with XI 3.0 system?

Thanks,

Asif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asif -

SAPK-20006INAPPINT(SP06) is the latest XI add-on (APPINT 200_620) available. Since your WAS 620 is on (SP45) and the prerequisite for SAPK-20006INAPPINT(SP06) is SAPKB62043, your system looks ready. But of course, refer to the mentioned Note - 439915.

>>><i>Is there a newer XI Add-on to go with XI 3.0 system?</i>

I'm not sure if this is the right question. Any Web AS 6.20 system will require the XI-add on to communicate to XI (2.0 or 3.0) - specifically regarding proxies. WebAS 6.40 systems do not require the add-on.

Let me know if you need any clarification.

Thanks.

Jin

asif_rahmetulla
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jin!